Crusader

The X-files: I Want To Believe

I just saw it. I am pleased with it. Wasn't quite as perfect as I felt the Sex and the City movie was, but I am happy with it.

I was all worried about the lack of humour, but I thought there was a good level of it.

It was a "Monster-Of-the-week" episode, definitely. It had all the feelings of an old episode, but fleshed out with a tad more emo than I kind of wanted.

But the Mulder/Scully relationship was well played out.

Also some nice throwbacks and 1 surprise that made me squeal with glee.

Don't forget to stay until the credits are over. It'll put a smile on your face. Well, it made me smile anyway.

I felt like it was a fan service though. I agree, it certainly won't make any new fans.

I liked it, if only for to see where Mulder and Scully ended up after six years. It had some nods to long term fans of the show, but I agree that it won't bring in any new fans and I wouldn't have enjoyed the movie on it's story alone if not for the XF characters.It didn't have an epic movie feel to it like Fight the Future did.

Chris Carter said they'd do a third movie and get back to the alien mytharc and 2012 invasion if this were to do well, but it seems it only made $4mil yesterday ;)

Honestly, the way it ended, and the little tiny thing at the end of the credits, makes me feel like it's highly unlikely they'll do a 3rd movie.

A reviewer on TV made a comment that made me think a bit. He said the movie wasn't scary or creepy at all, and to him, that made him feel like it had lost its X-files edge.

It occurs to me that I never really watched X-files because it was "scary" or "creepy". I just appreciated the heavy storylines and character development...

I saw the movie with a couple of friends on opening day, which, in retrospect, may have been a mistake, because I'm more prone to laugh at the movie with friends.

EDIT:

SPOILER (Highlight to View)
It started off good, but once Scully Google'd Stem Cell Research I was in hysterics for the rest of the movie...

Fah...Totally not a spoiler

Edited by Zukiki

I enjoyed the movie, I really did.

It could have been better...would have been nice to see some of the monsters that those doctors came up with... maybe a little more action (Skinner should have shot someone.)

I will of course get the DVD.

I enjoyed the movie... it was very intelligent to connect what had happened in the last season with what was going on in the movie some years later... they would've fucked up if they had pretended that everything was the same as years ago when the series ended...

and i liked the plot -typical of X files-... I wish they continued with the series after this second movie