angeltr

before they were famous

I'm sure someone here saw them back in the day because I know Matt used to play shows in Vancouver all the time (like every week or more) before he got popular. I didn't get to see him until 1999. I knew a guy in college who saw MGB open for The Who in Van in 96 or 97. I was always jealous of that.

My sister (who lives in Vancouver) saw Matt before he was famous. She's really big on checking out the "up and coming talents". She used to spend most evenings at those open mic nights and that kind of thing. Anyway, she used to call me and tell me all about the new bands and musicians she saw. I remember a phone call with her where she actually did mention Matt. I just really didn't think much of it at the time. Then a couple years later she called me and told me that Matthew Good BAND had a record out. That was that.

She's still a fan, too. ;)