Champion Of Nothing

Matthew Good Tribute Album

Are you looking for help on it, or are you just suggesting? I'd love to help if you get it started. Flight Recorder is an awesome song.

it was mostly a suggestion at this point...I'm physically incapable of playing any instruments(unless rock band counts ;) )but I think the idea is a really good one. If someone(you?) would play the music/reinvent the song I would give recording some vocals a try if someone could then mix it without it being too much of a problem.

alas flight recorder is done...hmmm...

actually my top 2 choices would be;

life beyond ...

fine art of falling apart.

I think heathers like sundays could work or so long misses smith.

ok.. i know im just jumping into this, but if someone were to sing this for me (i could send the guitar track and they could add the vocals) i would do Workers Sing a Song of Mass Production. The problem with me singing this is becuase i dont think im strong enough to get the key of my voice just right..

If that makes sence.

If no ones interested or its already done.. or even if theres no room left, then just say so. I know i've just jumped into this without much previous information.

But it could be fun:)

ok.. i know im just jumping into this, but if someone were to sing this for me (i could send the guitar track and they could add the vocals) i would do Workers Sing a Song of Mass Production. The problem with me singing this is becuase i dont think im strong enough to get the key of my voice just right..

If that makes sence.

If no ones interested or its already done.. or even if theres no room left, then just say so. I know i've just jumped into this without much previous information.

But it could be fun:)

I have a need to work on my vocal skills, sned me the instrumental part(s) and I will see what I can do.

I like that explanation. The track is what it is. I'm going to use that in the future when I don't like stuff I've done :b

But I think this is pretty cool. I like the booming bass note at the beginning. Throughout it has pretty cool touches here and there like the little piano...or is that glockenspiel ;)

Nope, just the high end of the piano with some pedal.

2 things of note i should have mentioned last night though,

1- Obviously that's not me singing so CON if you don't mind feel free to credit Carl Vallieres with the vocals when you compile the track listing

2- on the topic of vocals my apologies to kbernardp, mr jones and strange days 3 for not getting back to you about the chance to record for the song after I asked if anyone might want to. At the time I didn't think I would be able to get who i needed to for the tracking so I thought here would obviously be the best place to come for a replacement. In the end though obviously things came together but I really do appreciate you 3 making the offer anyways ;)

I love this cover though. Great work Daniel, it's got a very nice feel to it.

I've been too busy to even think about this. But I will have something cool to share unrelated to MG in about six weeks. I may need some cowbell for it though. Interested Winnie?

Edited by bishopx

I posted some MG covers on here donkeys ago, and I just got round to finishing a new one. I totally didn't know about this album project until I had finished it though - if you like it (and this project is still going) please feel free to include!

Here it is, it's Odette:

http://rcpt.yousendit.com/604138320/45f6fa...abdb8edfa654252

It's a 192kbps mp3 but I can up a higher quality one if required.

PS The old ones are on my website if anyone's interested

PPS If you like this stuff you might like my own material - my first EP 'Scraps' is now for sale on iTunes or you can listen at www.myspace.com/steviemacuk

Hope this is finished, I like the ones I've heard so far. Jeremy's cover of Prime Time should definitely be on there, it's great.

Edited by steviemac2000

I could really go for some FireTeddy cover action, myself. Maybe that makes me too old to be here. And did Nate Pike ever do a cover? I feel like he might have. Ah, the good ol' days.

On another note, I'd be more than happy to host everything anyone has. I've got lots of server space and a pile of bandwidth until a few business ventures get underway, so let me know if we'd like to see everything up there in the interim.