Champion Of Nothing

Matthew Good Tribute Album

I only have a few, I'll catch you online we'll see if I have any you don't... that is, if you are ever online?

If we know we're missing some, then well do like in that movie, and recreate them with my shitty microphones from Radio Shack... No, I don't know it's name, and I only saw the trailer...

If someone has all of them saved I can upload them to the site. I've got a bunch saved but I can't tell what's misisng.

I think I've got all of them. Why don't u just post a list of what you have and then others who have the ones you're missing can just upload them to you some how?

Edited by daniel_v

Yeah, this whole project is 20 pages of fail.

An online Matthew Good community that actively posts their own versions of his work is not a failure in my opinion. I could care less about about a physical copy. As long as people on here keep submitting their stuff that totally works for me,ie. your Born Losers cover. I am content hearing the songs as they come in. I think having it an ongoing thing is more of a tribute than one stand alone collection ever could be.

An online Matthew Good community that actively posts their own versions of his work is not a failure in my opinion. I could care less about about a physical copy. As long as people on here keep submitting their stuff that totally works for me,ie. your Born Losers cover. I am content hearing the songs as they come in. I think having it an ongoing thing is more of a tribute than one stand alone collection ever could be.

i totally agree.

Pretty nice.

My only criticism would be that it doesn't feel like the notes are ringing long enough. There seems to be a whole heck of a lot more notes in what you are playing, so some notes just feel cut short. It could be that your guitar is balanced louder than Matt's is when he plays this...

Other than that I enjoyed it.

Thanks a lot, guys.

Pretty nice.

My only criticism would be that it doesn't feel like the notes are ringing long enough. There seems to be a whole heck of a lot more notes in what you are playing, so some notes just feel cut short. It could be that your guitar is balanced louder than Matt's is when he plays this...

Other than that I enjoyed it.

Thank you, man.

Yeah, in regards to that, Matt Good's guitar playing, acoustic specifically, has had quite an influence on me over the past few years, mainly because it is so unique to only him, almost to the point where it's rather predictable. I don't think that's a bad thing, though. So when playing a Matt Good song, I tend to go a little overboard and carried away with the pulloffs and chord variations. Going into the recording, I tried to use the guitar technique from the Hospital Music bside version, rather than the original demo version. The high E was also tuned to an open D, I find it really helps to give the song a better approach.

So yeah, while it was a strict cover, I did try to branch out a little bit from the originals. Thanks for the feedback, though. ;)

i totally agree.

I agree as well, and there are some really great covers posted in this thread, some of which the links for still work so I thought this was worth bumping. There are so many talented people here. ;)