Champion Of Nothing

Matthew Good Tribute Album

I hope the recording quality isn't restricted because I have pretty cheap equipment. I'll try to make it as clean as possible but it won't be CD quality for sure, are you all planning to record in a studio?

Is it me, or do I have people backing me up in saying this is moving way to fast, I am willing to contribute a song to the project, but the way things have been going I would not have any time free for the next couple weeks. And then trying to get the people I need to help record is the next issue, our schedules clash, and I have to play phone tag for days just to get a time settled on.

I feel that the June 15th deadline is just to soon, I was hoping the project as a whole would develop over time, I am more into quality than the quantity of the music that each of us is providing.

With this being said, I will not take place in the project, unless the deadline is extended, or the process is slowed down, and not rushed.

we've already decided it will be free, and thanks crusader, howcome he mailed you back and not me?

Cause he hates you!!..I digress... He probably didn't email you back cause you had the nerve to ask him if you could cover some snippet he had on his website. Especially after he made a blog enrty reagarding not doing demos anymore on his site in the first place.I mean you have so much materiel to work with as it is, yet you want to cover some unfinished demo. Seeing as it would only piss Matthew off I wouldn't exactly call that a tribute.

Hahaha, I got stressed out just reading the previous post. If July is too soon, how long do you think you'd need, Dan?

The deadline date is June 15th, I would be unable to make that deadline at this point in time, so I am pulling out of what I was going to do.

well we decided, if u check out the website, that june 15th can be extended a bit, but we won't wait too long. And please don't make me out to be a bad guy because of this, if matt doesn't want a demo covered then we won't even think of doing so, i just didnt think it would matter.

if matt doesn't want a demo covered then we won't even think of doing so, i just didnt think it would matter.

You guys all have a whole catalogue of work that you can cover and you're upset that you can't cover the UNRELEASED material? C'mon guys.

I don't think you'd like it if someone else tried to put out a song you wrote before you had the chance to.

Anyway, I'd like to hear what everyone's covered so far! Post up links when you have em.

Strange Days (Instrumental)

Here's a song that I submitted. It's an instrumental arrangement of 'Strange Days' that we performed live a few years back. It was recorded live, so the quality isn't that great. You can hear the magnetic tape catch in the middle somewhere. I'd love to be able to re-record this as I wasn't too crazy about the guitar intro (maybe I can edit it out).

Perhaps this can be a B-Side to the album? ;)

http://www.ninjastars.ca/songs/Song.mp3

L.

Edited by lyuan

Thanks for the positive comments guys...I really wish the sound quality was a bit (a LOT) better though :/

@Champion - maybe we can the visual artists here to do a painting/illustration/photo, so we can have one for each song???

Sorta a la Peter Gabriel's 'US' album...

L.