Champion Of Nothing

Matthew Good Tribute Album

Strange Days (Instrumental)

Here's a song that I submitted. It's an instrumental arrangement of 'Strange Days' that we performed live a few years back. It was recorded live, so the quality isn't that great. You can hear the magnetic tape catch in the middle somewhere. I'd love to be able to re-record this as I wasn't too crazy about the guitar intro (maybe I can edit it out).

Perhaps this can be a B-Side to the album? ;)

L.

Dude, totally amazing! Wasn't expecting a violin etc. thought it would just be some kids shitting around with guitars/drums in their garage.

Very well done, ya i hear what ya mean about the quality, its still not bad but the piano & the softer instruments get drowned out a bit.

Strange Days (Instrumental)

Here's a song that I submitted. It's an instrumental arrangement of 'Strange Days' that we performed live a few years back. It was recorded live, so the quality isn't that great. You can hear the magnetic tape catch in the middle somewhere. I'd love to be able to re-record this as I wasn't too crazy about the guitar intro (maybe I can edit it out).

Perhaps this can be a B-Side to the album? ;)

http://www.ninjastars.ca/songs/Song.mp3

L.

Nice dude. Kind of makes me think this is what Strange Days would have sounded like had Ryan Dahle been part of Matt's writing team before Matt formed MGB, lol (the violin reminds me a bit of Alarm Bells). Was it just three people doing this live, or more?

It was actually 4 people:

I was on the piano. There was a guitar, and a pair of violins as well. I always heard the chorus to Strange Days as how I arranged it in the second half of the 2nd chorus of the recording, where the melody splits into two, and the higher voice offering a nice climax. Matt's phrasing on the song lends itself so beautifully to it, so I think most of the arrangement was just trying to build to that point.

Anyhow, again - I'm going try my best to actually score the thing on paper and maybe I can re-record it at a better place. This recording was done from one mic at the Isabelle Bader Theatre in T.O. a few years back...

Maybe if any of you are in Toronto, we can actually record a few other songs??? ;)

Jam session would be sweet!

L.

I almost inclined to agree.

lyuan, u should seriously send this to Matt even in this rough state.

Thank you all for the complements - Right now, I'm more excited to get the album done, so we can send the whole thing to him ;)

How would we actually get songs to him? Are we going to use his e-mail on his web site? Or we can send him a facebook message inviting him here....

@Max Marv: I really liked your cover of Hopeless!!!!! I think you should keep it as is - every instrument and harmony is distinquishable, so it's got a nice, sharp sound. Very catchy!

L.

Edited by lyuan

The Strange Days cover is very lovely! The instruments are full of emotion.

Intentionally Blank AKA marx marvelous - DEJA VU amirite? Anyhoo Hopeless sounds amazing, I love the backup vocals and guitars.

Edited by soundless_space

I'm not sure what the others were talking about then but I was actually talking about Hopeless.

The file is not currently available. Our support staff have been notified and we hope to resolve the problem shortly. Please try again later.