Moonlight_Graham

What's A Good Music-maker/editing Software For Pc?

Been playing the guitar for a couple years plus i make some silly Beastie Boys-style hip-hop songs with my friends so im looking for a good piece of music software to record/edit on for PC (no Mac for me).

Preferebly it would be free, but i can always download a pay program from a torrent site etc.

I'd recommend going out and buying a mac.

I play guitar as well in a band and it's the best investment i've ever made for my music.

Garageband and Logic (both programs by apple) are great tools to record and master full band music, at great quality too. (However I suppose that depends on what kind of mixer and microphones your using.)

But anyways as you have a pc, if you want free, as Raina already said download Audacity. It's a really basic program, with no real "guitar effects" but if you have some sort of effects pedal, or any pedal at all you can plug your electric and get good sound. The website provides a lamemp3 exporter too, so you can listen to your tracks on your player after.

And if you use midi instruments when making your "beats" Reason is a great program for that. I have reason 4 as well as Recycle (same guys that make reason) for my macbook with a midi keyboard, can create some pretty wicked tunes. (I wouldn't bother with reason unless you have a midi something....)

Hope that helps, just giving a little more information on what others have already suggested.

Guest Prosis

Give Mixcraft a try...apparently it's comparable to Garageband (I say apparently for two reasons: 1-I haven't tried Garageband because I have a PC 2-Because the pro-mac nazis are going to tell me that nothing compares to GarageBand on PC...and I don't want to start a Pro mac/Pro PC battle here).

On it, you can record, import, create loops, add loops (even Garageband loops) multitrack, etc.

I went from n-track studio to it and haven't regretted it!

Guest Prosis

Free?

FL Studio XXL

Download: $299

Box: $399

FL Studio Producer Edition

Download: $199

Box: $299

FL Studio Fruity Edition

Download: $99

Box: $139

FL Studio Express