Moonlight_Graham

Why i'm PO'd with "White Light R&R Review" CD...

Why, in the name of Pete, does Matt Good's new album not come with any lyrics in the CD booklet???

With all the file-swapping programs on the internet these days, i rarely ever buy CD's anymore. But Matt Good's albums are the few that i go to the store and buy everytime.

Don't you think the least Matt and/or the record company could do is include the lyrics to the album, like most of his other CD's? At least this would give people more incentive to buy the CD rather than rip it.

Anyone else disappointed w/ the absense of lyrics?

Putting the lyrics on his website doesn't do me much good when i'm listening to the CD in the car on a roadtrip (not driving of course ;) ) or when i'm up at my cottage.

i rarely listen to CD's on my computer. i usually just listen to MP3's.

I just think that, in this era of music pirating, you gotta give people some sort of incentive for buying your CD. The last Metallica CD came with a free DVD of them playing all the songs on the album in a live jam session.

i've always been annoyed when CD's don't come w/ lyrics.

Yah i definatly understand your disapointment, and you make a very valid point, but i guess if you love his music and want to support him, you take what you can get eh lol.. If i were you, id print off the lyrics of all the songs, make your own little booklet for the road.. just an idea ;)

I have the first edition copy...in the cardboard case. There're plastic cased ones out now, maybe they come with lyrics. Anyone have an un-special copy to check?

Edit: I of course buying mine the day it was released.

Edited by miscellaneous

I get annoyed with the lack of lyrics too, but not nearly enough to say that I'm "PO'd" with the CD. No matter how you slice it, WLR&RR is a great album and nothing can take away from that greatness. (unless you compare it to Audio Of Being or Avalanche)

I don't mind it not having a lyric booklet, as I enjoy interpretting the lyrics myself, and the art in the case is great. Also, I would imagine that some first runs were in jewel cases, as mine arrived signed by Matt with it in a jewel case right after it was released.

i wasn't too pissed.. i like to go through it all myself by ear and then check later to see how off i was..

however i am a little bothered by the limited cardboard case.. just because it is not good for traveling or any kind of endurance.

i was a bit, mad myself. I didn't wanna crawl back to a computer, I personally getting tired of these damn computers.

I personally wish there were lyrics, but I'm not complaining. I guess I'll just have to print them out.

Anyway, Fantastic album, Matt!

I'm guessing it just wouldnt have fit in with the packaging. The digipak case is just the disc and two flaps which he used images for.

But then again they could have put a thin booklet (maybe 1-2 pages) into one of the cardboard slits like what Blink 182 did for their "Take Off Your Pants and Jacket" album