Raina

The First Time I Met Matt

So, I have a really cool story about the first time I got to meet Matt so I thought I would share it if no one minds! :angry:

So, I was a real silly girl and started a facebook group in a silly not serious ploy to meet Matt Good. (If you're checking the group most of the members have left because the group worked!) Anyway, it was really more of a fan thing to post videos pics etc and I never thought anything to come of it. My whole goal was to get him to sign my guitar (8)

Like many of you, when Matt first joined facebook I jumped on the opprotunity to add him right away. I never expected he'd pay attention to the group let alone my profile. A few days before the show my fiance and I broke up and I changed my facebook relationship status and wrote a little note thanking all the people who had come to my aid. Within an hour of all that happening I see a note from Matthew Good in my inbox on facebook. At first I thought it was from one of the groups I was in regarding Matt, but when I opened it I could NOT believe what I saw.

Matt told me he was very sorry to hear about my break up and that it sucked but that when he came to Halifax he would really like to see me and sign my guitar. Now, all of this washappening very fast and I was still in shock about the breakup and out of shock I e-mail him back almost angry because I was scared someone was playing a mean joke on me. But he responded a second time just as kind as the first and assured me he was good on his word. (8) I felt bad for questioning him, but the guy had 4000+ friends on facebook so I found the whole thing really hard to believe!

The concert came and I dragged my acoustic to the show and stood in the rain. A few people I went to high school with walked by and made fun of me but I ignored em :angry: I didn't tell my friends why I had the guitar either. So I actually stashed it under the stage at the venue (The Marquee!) and after the show I drug it out and stood in line with others to meet Matt. All my friends were surprised, and of course the people who made fun of me 'kept making fun of me. That is, until Matt reached out his arms for a hug when I got to the front and said "There She is!" oh yeah. (8) he gave me a big hug and helped me get my guitar open and chatted with me and my friends while he signed it. Then he posed for some photos ;) I got off the bus grinning from ear to ear and walked past the people who had made fun of me swinging my guitar! hehe.

It was really awesome to have Matt be so nice to me in that kind of situation. I mean, when anyone goes through a break up it's hard and we all sort of hope/expect symapthy/empathy but none of us even dream of getting it from our fav celeb/musician :angry:

So Im gonna pay it forward! haha.. somehow.

Anyway, here's a few pics!

Matt signs my guitar

Me and Matt

A shot from the show

Totally trumps my story about asking him to play Protest Song and having him remember to do it!

That was in September at Jack Singer, right? That is awesome. I remember being so happy for the person that requested that.

I've met Matt a couple of times, dragging various friends along with me each time. They always comment on how nice and accommodating he is. It really shocks them all. I think the work he's put into making people think he's a jerk has paid off. All kinds of folks stare in shock when he does nice things for his fans and is a genuinely nice guy.

He totally does. He was in a rush both times but made time for everyone. I will remember that for the rest of my life and because of it I'm gonna work my ass off to be kind and go the extra mile for people who look up to me be it in regards to my music or anything else I do.

That was in September at Jack Singer, right? That is awesome. I remember being so happy for the person that requested that.

I've met Matt a couple of times, dragging various friends along with me each time. They always comment on how nice and accommodating he is. It really shocks them all. I think the work he's put into making people think he's a jerk has paid off. All kinds of folks stare in shock when he does nice things for his fans and is a genuinely nice guy.

Yeah, it totally was. I yelled out "thank you for playing that" as he took a sip of wine, and then the beer bottle fell and he commented on that instead ;)

Please don't take offense to this... but how exactly does a conversation like that begin?

I would think that you just come up with a question regarding the topic and he'd probably be thrilled to answer it.

Personally, when I met him, it was back when he played here in Sarnia, and I got the chance to tell him that it was the first time I'd been in that theatre in three years because of my own bipolarity was causing severe panic attacks when I ran into my ex, who I met while I was a volunteer at the theatre. Best. Hug. Ever. ;)

The best part: I get to follow it up nine days from now and this time, I'm not going to panic, because I know I can do it. :angry:

Please don't take offense to this... but how exactly does a conversation like that begin?

I brought it up when were discussing some of the lyrics on Hospital Music, when I basically told him, that writings of mine, are based on feelings that I have since I am bipolar. He just asked me what level of bipolar I have and the like.

I met him at Massey Hall after the show last October. There wasn't really much of a conversation but he signed 2 shirts and a ticket and let me take a picture with him. Given the number of people that were outside waiting to meet him and the pace at which the guys working security were trying to get people through, I was impressed with the minute or so I got.

For those of you that have also met Mr. Good, that story won't seem too special. Just goes to show how well we're treated as fans of his. A lot of fans of other artists would be amazed with that story, most artists just aren't that accommodating.

I thought he was pretty standoffish when we met him, but I guess we all always chalk that up to being tired after a show...

I hate the pic I have with him, because he looks so unhappy ;)

So... I was on my normal walk to work today and on that route I pass Massey Hall. About 2 blocks from Massey Hall, on Queen Street, I saw a bus that looked eerily similar to Matt Good's, so I continued on my way, and as I turn a corner, just pulling up to Massey Hall was that same bus. Then as I'm about to walk past the door of the bus, it opens, and somebody begins to walk outside...

It was the driver.

But it was Matt Good's bus! I guess I'll see him tonight!

Close call....