bishopx

Bush Compares Today's Wars To World War Ii Efforts

I'm going to post this article, and respond to it when I calm down enough to speak in coherent thoughts.

By BEN FELLER, Associated Press Writer

2 hours, 49 minutes ago

President Bush, linking the wars of his tenure to the deadliest one in history, is asking the country to commit anew to postwar rebuilding.

In an address for Wednesday to more than 1,000 graduates of the U.S. Air Force Academy, Bush frames their futures by drawing back to the World War II generation. He links the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan to postwar Germany and Japan six decades ago.

"America has assumed this obligation before," Bush said in prepared remarks released by the White House. "After World War II we helped Germany and Japan build free societies and strong economies. These efforts took time and patience, and as a result Germany and Japan grew in freedom and prosperity and are now allies of the United States."

The result, Bush says, was "generations of security and peace" in the United States.

"Today we must do the same in Afghanistan and Iraq," he says in the prepared comments. "And by helping these young democracies grow in freedom and prosperity we will once again reap the benefits in generations of security and peace."

Today's wars aren't over yet. As reconstruction unfolds, the enemy keeps fighting

Sadly, Bush has a no idea what he is talking about, comparing this war to the WWII. I had family that was in that war, and one was wounded on the D-Day 0 (Day 1). WWII was much worse than this present war now. Does this war have the massing killings of 6 million Jews, 30 million Russians. Bush needs to wake up and realize that Iraq is no WWII, and nothing will ever come close to it.

Dan, you are dead on.

Now that I've calmed down reasonably. I don't want to get off on a rant here, but WHO THE FUCK DOES HE THINK HE IS!!! I've read several books on FDR, and you sir are not FDR. Shit, you aren't even Gerald R. Ford, what am I saying, you George W. Bush aren't even Chevy Chase, falling and breaking his knob, while imitating Gerald R. Ford.

You weren't a part of the "Greatest Generation" you were part of the "Me, ME, ME Generation" While real men and women, were getting shot at in Vietnam, you were smoking weed, and drinking your way through a National Guard stint, banging coeds, using "My Dad Is Running The CIA, and can tell me what color your panties are, with a phone call." as a pick up line. The only reason you're even President, is because it was about the only thing you could do to redeem yourself, from making your father feel that he should have asked Barb to swallow the night you were conceived.

World War II was a just and righteous war, it was fought because human decency had been violated, to justify greed, genocide, and the delusions of grandeur of psychopathic little men. How dare you compare your campaigns of conquest, which were based on completely untrue propaganda...(Weapons of Mass Destruction anyone? At least when Tweety Bird tought he taw a puddy tat, he did, he did.) You and the evil old men you surround yourself with, are the greedy, evil, psychopaths. We never hear about how many Iraqis and Afghanis we killed during our bombings and raids...do you mean to say, that all of those bombs we dropped, and missles we fired...somehow completely missed civilians? Sure they did...Sounds like, we've become Germany, and the Iraqis and Afghans are the jews...We went after Saddam, supposedly for killing innocents...which there is no doubt in my mind, that he did...but we did this by becoming him..by butchering more innocents, way more than he ever could have.

The statement you made, Georgie Porgy Pudding and Pie, has most likely made your father cry. You see GW, your father is a hero of World War II, and though I don't agree with his politics, I respect his what he did, instead of hiding out on a base, he went fight for his country. When he gave the orders that started Desert Storm, they were made with the consideration, that only a man who had seen war up close and personal could have. The loss of life on all sides, deeply grieved him. Where as you, who spent a war, doing lines off of Sorority girl's asses, have sent 5000 troops to their deaths, and scarred thousands more for life, and killed thousands of civilians, all based on a basketful of lies, and to please the greedy old men, who will finance your Presidential Library.

That's just my opinion, I could be wrong.

The rant continues,

That's a long assed fucking list. We're talking about a man, who nearly choked to death on a pretzel nugget. Let's be honest, no President has so desperately needed his speech writers, and teleprompters as this joker has. Whenever he just speaks freely, there is no amount of pepto, that can staunch the flow of liquid, verbal fecal matter that spews forth. He makes Dan Quayle look like a Rhodes Scholar. No President will be looked upon as unfavorably as he will be, when his term ends. He will be remembered as the "Great Dumbshit", "Divider", Murderer...rather than comparing these wars to World War II, he should consider comparing himself to Adolf Hitler...he's got that genocide thing down, and let's face it, he's given a rousing fuck you to human rights, Guantanamo Bay , anyone?

You have to wonder, 1000 years from now, when historians look back at the decline and fall of our civilization, just as we look back at the Roman Empire, will they recognize George W. Bush, as the catalyst, or will he simply historical comic relief?

That's just my opinion, I could be wrong.

whats worse is that he was voted in TWICE and has not been impeached or faced any sort of legal reprecutions, nor has the vast majority of his comrades.

Yesterday my girlfriend & I were in the pharmacy and she asked the clerk "what aisle can i find a George W. Bush?", but then she quickly corrected herself and said "sorry i mean a vaginal douche".

Thats a lie i have no girlfriend.

That was too funny!!!

By no means do I condone Bill Clinton getting a bj in the oval office toilet, but really was it any of our business, was it an impeachable offense. FUCK NO. Kennedy got more ass than a toilet seat in the white house, and he's still considered one of the greatest leaders of all time. Bush, commits genocide, lies repeatedly,the equivalent of ethnic cleansing, and, defies the UN, lies repeatedly, starts a war with out legislative approval, get's thousands of young American's killed and wounded, oh and did I meantion lies repeatedly, and still no action is taken.

I have a theory on that though...look at the Clinton Impeachment...look at the impact, it created such a division among us from the government down to the citizenry. Now let's create that same division now, in the midst of a (trumped up) war, and a major economic Crisis, a major oil crisis, and all of the calamities in the world caused by weather...an impeachment now would be the last thing we need. Unfortunately, President Dumbass has to finish his term...to prevent further problems...however afterwards, he should be brought up on charges...and he and his cronies, should be prosecuted to the furthest extent of International Law.

I feel in time, maybe once Bush leaves office, the UN and world tribunal will take a deep look in to Bush, and charge him with mass war crimes. The poor treatment of the prisoners at Abu Grab, the whole situation with waterboarding (which claims is effective, and not torture), the lack of human rights at Gitmo. This list can go on and on.

Other note, Dennis Kucinich gave a speech a few weeks back on what Congress can impeach Bush on. The biggest reason that he gave is that Bush, has changed the US Constitution to his own liking, and going over Congress in doing so.

Dude, why do you even listen to Bush anymore? The guy is so full of it, that I literally cannot stand to listen to anything he says. This has been the case for some time.

I really don't listen to him anymore. Being a student of World War II history, though...this caught my eye, and perforated my balls. It was like outright blasphemy for him to make the statement, and it really pissed me off.

Dan, that's exactly what I'm expecting to happen...Bush being flamebroiled by the world courts.

I feel in time, maybe once Bush leaves office, the UN and world tribunal will take a deep look in to Bush, and charge him with mass war crimes. The poor treatment of the prisoners at Abu Grab, the whole situation with waterboarding (which claims is effective, and not torture), the lack of human rights at Gitmo. This list can go on and on.

Other note, Dennis Kucinich gave a speech a few weeks back on what Congress can impeach Bush on. The biggest reason that he gave is that Bush, has changed the US Constitution to his own liking, and going over Congress in doing so.

Yeah, but that wouldrequire an Obamaelection, because if McCain gets in, if legal action istaken, McCain wouldhave the power t stop it. Andeven Obama might have some pressures on him to let Bush"get off"

Can somebdy tell me how WWI or WWII can becomparedwith this? Those were wars where we had more to fight for then what we are fighting for, if we can say we are fighting fr much of anything good that doesn't involving some form of money, or false sense that we will not be attacked.

That Tony my friend, is why I created this thread...the comparison is beyond ridiculous, dare I say STUPID!!!

McCain will fuck any chance he has for a second term if he helps Bush out of this...both he and Obama will be advised to put up a token resistance to the world court...but if it goes that far Bush would definitely be tried.

That Tony my friend, is why I created this thread...the comparison is beyond ridiculous, dare I say STUPID!!!

McCain will fuck any chance he has for a second term if he helps Bush out of this...both he and Obama will be advised to put up a token resistance to the world court...but if it goes that far Bush would definitely be tried.

Even if it does, Obama would almost have to persuade our allies a little to do so. Think about how much we have gotten recently internationally. Do you think if any other country did what my country has done would get away with it?

It's like shooting somebody because they think they might shoot you four hours before they even purchase the bullets to a gun they still need to find. You call self defense and the jury is stupid enough to believe you. Why because your group of friends and you have power that the jury is afraid of. If the person in charge while you are out throws you out to the jury but doesn't do anything more, does it really help?

I don't know if that is a good analysis but I think you might get the point. Logic says they'd follow logic and do what is right. Of course logic in my view is actually giving a damn about others. And if history is a telling sign, people will tend to care more about themselves than others. Thus it would be easy for one to get the idea that even if he goes to court, he can pay his way to freedom. Freedom, apparently only he is entitled to that.

I agree with you overall Tony.

Token resistance is just that, there will be a meaningful dialogue, and strong words...but if it did come down to a world court trial, that would be the extent of it. After watching the way things have unfolded over the last few weeks, I have to be honest, the chances of a world court trial are shrinking...I think how the next administration addresses the current international issues in it's first 100 days, will have a very big impact on foreign affairs for years to come.

Edited by bishopx