hum-an-ole

Little Fish, Big Pond

I'm looking into heading out to Vancouver myself. I'm not going for anything specific, my goal is just to go out, try it and if I like it, I'll set some roots and maybe look into going back to school. I would love to try Toronto (I absolutely adore the city), but with the job market going the way it has been going in this province, it's probably a good idea to head west.

That and Vancouver is the exact opposite of Sarnia. Toronto, as much as I adore it and it is extremely close to being an exact opposite, is in the same province and smells like Sarnia (or ass, right Lauren? ;)). I'd also love to try Alberta, but if I wanted to work for Imperial Oil that badly, I'd go back to school and try to get into the plant here.

Edit: I can't spell today.

Edited by MissEmily

Going alone would be an awesome adventure, but I don't know if it would be affordable, and my parents would probably have heart attacks worrying about me. Also, my bff is up for getting out of here for sure, it's just a matter of when we go. We've agreed that anywhere we go, we go together, she's like my hetero life partner.

oh sarnia.

why do all the youngin's call it sarnhole now?

and it doesn't smell that bad.. smells much worse going to corunna on petrolia line.

I dunno. I've never heard it be called that, but it's a good one. My personal favourite though I saw on Facebook - there's a group called "For all Who Grew Up In the Ghetto of Ontario: Good Ole Sarnia"

I personally live in the Sherwood area, and work downtown, and it can get pretty bad sometimes.

i don't think i would ever live around there. i made the mistake of being downtown at night sometime last summer. fuck that was a yucky waste of time.

sarnia isn't really that ghetto.. the issue is that it's small town which creates 2 problems in my mind:

1) people think its gross because they haven't spent enough time living in a bigger canadian city to compare

2) fucking dirtballs who can't make it out of big al's, let alone sarnia

not to say that theres anything wrong with living in the same city you're entire life... sarnia and surrounding area has a lot to offer. i just can't deal with people who not only squander their time here on earth, but in many cases ruin lives for others (can we talk about the unplanned pregnancy epidemic in sarnia?!).

those are my views on sarnia haha.

not to say that theres anything wrong with living in the same city you're entire life... sarnia and surrounding area has a lot to offer. i just can't deal with people who not only squander their time here on earth, but in many cases ruin lives for others (can we talk about the unplanned pregnancy epidemic in sarnia?!).

You just hit it on the nail as to why I need to leave for awhile. The people around here are more than happy to remind you by any means necessary, that you're NOT holier than thou, and yet run around like they're the only ones that mater.

Screw Big Al's. Not even a year after I graduated from Skank Clair, at least five girls from my class who got pregnant, one of which now has two kids and I know at least two guys with kids now.

Edited by MissEmily

Hahaha, sorry Owen, hot asian chick ≥ triple team ;) Vancouver is still winning. Since I will likely be moving next year, I'm thinking of taking a trip over sometime before hand to check out the city. Not sure when yet, but I figure it would be a good idea.