heyrabbit

Help Me Reformat Pls

So basically I need to reformat the c: drive and when I click to delete the partition, it says I'm not allowed. I have the XP service pack 2 update.

I called Microsoft, who transfered me to some guy in india. After much struggle in trying to understand what he was saying, he got me to change the boot order, and then said there was nothing else he could do. what? I don't want to haul ass my PC to a store when there's something easy I can do to fix it.

Any ideas?

Guest Prosis

Search for something called Bart PE which is a great pre-boot environment...basically, you can boot with it and it loads a stripped down version of Windows XP. You'll have to install it and create your BartPE CD yourself (not complicated, the application tell you what to do).

Boot with it.

Then, find the command line and type format c: (if you want to format the c: drive)

Once it's done, reboot with you windows XP Cd and all should go well.

Hey, not sure if you've solved this yet.. but if your in your windows environment it won't let you format that partition since it's a system partition,

Basically just boot off your XP cd, and follow the instructions here.

http://www.windowsxpprofessional.windowsre...dexfullpage.htm

only you'll get a repair option when your going through this.. Select escape to not repair, then it will show you the partitions then you can delete that pesky C: partition. It might also inform you it's a system partition, and you have to press L then Enter to confirm.

Edited by jtb