soundless_space

Buffalo Full Band Show Added

Baha. Yes. The bride (my sister-in-law) ordered them on eBay. She had her heart set on them. I had to sort of work the cake around them so it didn't come out ridiculously cheesy.

PS Hi Christy!

it looks great. i can't stand how cute those little people are. it's making me die.

and hi!

I will PM you and Beth, my cell# so you can reach me. I should be in town around 4pm or so.

All other bored members, say hey at the show...it's not like I'm hard to miss. Look for the big bald black guy in the "Villain Of The Year" T-shirt.

Edited by bishopx

Set list in order.

Champions of Nothing

Single Explosion

Odette

Born Losers

Devil's In Your Details

Load Me Up

Put Out Your Lights

Blue Skies Over Badlands

Black Helicopter

99% Of Us Is Failure

I'm A Window

Apparitions

Weapon

Encore:

Giant

Hello Time Bomb

Everything Is Automatic

Girl In The War

Great Show, Great Crowd. Great Night.

Matt's voice was a wee bit strained for his recent flu. But only on a couple of tunes. He even re-started Apparitions. But, The sound was great, the band was fairly tight, a couple misteps.

I wish his mic would get turned up a bit when he talked between songs.

The Wife gave it a 8.5 out of ten.... I agree.

I know folks love Blue Skies... But I think a couple of up beat tunes(Deep Six, Alert Status Red) would have rounded out the set a little better.

Highlight of the night: Weapon. KILLER FUCKING RENDETION!!!!

Agreed on the up beat shiznit. There were tooooo many slow songs. Odettecoughcough. Also the crowd was good yes. No obnoxious people as far as I could tell.

And hell yes Weapon. Best song of the night imo.

Edit his guitar player Stu? SO CUTE.

Edited by soundless_space

I was very very happy with the show, and very excited to hear Odette (it is the most favorite track of mine from Hospital Music), I really though that Giant was dead on, as well as 99% and Weapon.

Still the show was missing a fw tracks like Alert Status Red, and a couple others. But it was one of the best Matt shows I have seen in sometime.

Edit: The girl behind me was really annoying, she keep screaming for Rico over and over in my ear.

Edited by Audio of Being

I was on the very right, at the front as well - OMG we were standing next to each other! There were a few parts in which the band drowned out Matt's voice. The overall effect though was pretty awesome - It was a live show, so the accoustics are going to be a bit off. I preffered it much more than the Massey Hall seated show, even though I could hear him no problem in that one.

L.

I preffered it much more than the Massey Hall seated show, even though I could hear him no problem in that one.

L.

Yeah general admission ftw. I don't think I'd see Matt if it weren't. The band was really loud at times but I didn't mind it at all because I knew the words anyway haha.

Edited by soundless_space

Yeah, I didn't think the crowd was bad at all. I've been to every show he's played at that club, and I was surprised at how quiet this crowd was during quiet parts of songs. Like at the beginning of A Single Explosion. People talked a lot more at the acoustic shows, which I thought was weird.