Lauren

Leader Of The Pack

I heard about this on the Daily Show. This is complete crap, and one has to wonder how they're even getting away with this. This is funny:

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public... Nothing but the truth should be spoken about him or any one else. But it is even more important to tell the truth, pleasant or unpleasant, about him than about any one else."

-- Teddy Roosevelt, Kansas City Star, May 7, 1918

Oh well. At least we can thank him for making Jon Stewart one of the best TV personalities around.

not suprising. i heard tht before i think. I think i heard the Bush camp is doing that to keep Kerry supporters from disrupting their campaign stops etc. I'd imagine there are numerous asses who'd be i the crowd booing and the like. But i don't believe in that crap Bush is pulling. going a little too far.

I've also read/heard that Pres. Bush closely controls which journalists are allowed into the White House when Bush gives his live TV speeches, and then the press are allowed a question peroid afterwards (but Bush RARELY has these press meetings). I think that if there's a jounalist who really piles the hard critical questions to Bush he doesn't let them in the next time, or seats them in the back and doesn't let them ask any questions.