PsychoLamb

Portrait Of Artist In Jungle (new Demo)

Really like the piano in the song. Although it seems almost kind of incomplete with the way it ends.

In his first post with this song he said he faded it out after a couple minutes. The version we're hearing is not the full song.

The one link at the first post, which has mostly piano is great, but is there a second version of the song that has more lyrics? Some have been mentioning this version, but when did this song come out.

Edited by winn23

It's up again.

And updated lyrics for the last bit:

Take me out, lay me down

Let the dirt fall all around me

Baby, ain't it good to be back home?

They're printing money in their mountains

Sleep outside and you can count them

Baby, ain't it good to be back home?

Ain't it good to be back home?

Edited by AnOceanPearl

I understand his deleting the mp3s, but I almost wish he'd leave the dialogue up. (Or maybe save it up and repost it once the album's done.) The process of his songwriting is interesting, with or without the files. (At the moment, the "Dam Broke" article is still in Google's cache.)

Was this just up last night? I think it's the first one I didn't get to hear - I've been lucky thus far that he tends to post them in the mid-afternoon. (I caught the other three versions of this song.)

After reading his posts, I almost wonder what would happen if he had the chance to nurse his songs for a while. (Not that I'd encourage that - I think I like the fact that he writes quickly.) I tend to let my songs gestate for long periods of time (mainly because I have no impetus for recording them), and I'm always surprised by the nuances that arrive between the first scratch recording (just so I don't forget the song) and months (if not years) later when the song is actually finished.

I could really relate to this part of the "Dam Broke" post: "And then I had a bit of a revelation, of a melody not present that had been in my head [but] not translated properly." Not that he regularly has problems with that, but translating songs from head to guitar (or piano) is easily the most frustrating part of the process for me. The worst part is not being able to find it, then realizing that you have to be somewhere - and that you'll probably forget the song before you get home. (Fortunately, the good ones seem to come back again and again.)

Edited by uglyredhonda

finally, I got it! :-)

I love the piano part of this song... I like it...

And I apologize for having been one of those who asked for demos... I must be honest and recognize that I hadn't read that post in the forum... sorry again...