bishopx

Xmen Origins: Wolverine

Guest apsham

I think they'll do it right. They had Ryan Reynolds lined up for ages to play this role and if people react well to him... Deadpool movie.

I'm with you on that Sean, but Ryan Reynolds is talented.

Maybe Jake Gyllenhaal as Young Xavier? Isla Fisher as Amelia Voght? Hayden Christianson as Magneto? Mila Kunis as Gabrielle Heller? Keira Knightly as Moira MacTaggart? Scott Caan as Cain Marko? This is depending on how much of Magneto's relationship with Xavier develops.

Edited by bishopx

^It's not like it's something that hasn't been done before. Maybe not in film...but the comic continuity has been so distorted over time anyway with Retcons and canon/non-canon stuff. It all gets pretty confusing.

The continuity in the comics hasn't been the greatest either. The movies are just taking the best parts and putting them together.

Anyway, I've been waiting for Gambit to be in a movie forever. He's always been one of my favourite characters.

I think Ryan Reynolds will be awesome as Deadpool.

Liev Schreiber as Sabretooth should be interesting too.

Taylor Kitsch is playing Gambit...there's supposed to be enough screen time in it to establish him, and launch a movie. (A famous friend of mine was at the comicon, and offered salacious dish)

The scenes with Sabretooth and Wolvie look really strong. Liev has got major game. It was mentioned from the outset that Deadpool would get his own movie, and Ryan Reynolds in the role pretty much guarantees it.

I said the same thing about Beast and Angel after the first two...I'm still pissed about how they handled Angel in X3.

i'm pissed about the whole third movie... Xavier dies? Magneto loses his power? No Gambit?

The Phoenix saga could have been 3 movies all together, how they managed to pack it into one and think it was good enough is a joke.

Let's go through the laundry list of the shit wrong with X3:

1)Killing Xavier and then hinting at his rebirth with that bullshit, transference into another body bullshit(Take off on the Shiar clone body thing,)

2)Bringing Jean back and killing her again(With a bullshit mismash retelling of the Phoenix story...and stillf fubaring it)

3)Killing Cyclops after turning him into an absolute wussy ass.

4)Forcing Wolvie to kill her.

5) Magneto losing his powers.

6) Mystique losing her powers.

7) Rogue's near non-presence.

8) The whole Iceman/Kitty thing(What the fuck was that????)

9) No Colossus/Kitty interplay.

10) Colossus having almost no presence

11)And this is a beef from the all three movies...where are the rest of the adult mutants at the school? Do the XMen just leave all of these superpowered kids by themselves???? What the fuck!!!

12) No refence to Banshee, Thunderbird, Cable, etc....

13) Using a video game to explain shit????

14) What the hell was the point of adding Angel...he was just a under utilized plot device, with almost no relevance!!!

I could go on and on...I like the movies, I'd watch em over and over...but this is just some of the shit that has burned my ass.

I'd do a reboot of this shit...and pick up at after the end of the Giant Sized X-Men. Starting with the Funeral for Thunderbird, The Original X-Men Leaving, and entering the New X-Men. The only thing I'd do to mess with the Canon would be to add Kitty in sooner. I'd use the first movie as the setup...I'd use the second movie as the Dark Phoenix saga, and I'd I'd use the third to introduce Jean's return at the end...setting up movies for X-Factor, so I could lay the ground work for Cable and X-Force.

You know...this shit gives me an idea. We need a thread for remaking movies. Damnit I'm a genius.

Pretty much. I mean there was a stretch in the comics when Prof X was in space, Cyclops had left, Jean was in X-Factor with him. But still they screwed the pooch with this in the movie...That's one of the reasons why Marvel has asserted control over the movie production end.

I'm with you on that Sean, but Ryan Reynolds is talented.

Maybe Jake Gyllenhaal as Young Xavier? Isla Fisher as Amelia Voght? Hayden Christianson as Magneto? Mila Kunis as Gabrielle Heller? Keira Knightly as Moira MacTaggart? Scott Caan as Cain Marko? This is depending on how much of Magneto's relationship with Xavier develops.

I know you didn't just say Hayden Christianson and Magneto in the same sentence, right? I know that.