Computer

Nhl 2k9 Vs Nhl09

Some of my fondest childhood memories are of Blades of Steel- from the 21 to 0 embarrassment I caused one of my friends, to my 6-2 win over one of my old hockey teammates, which was one of the most intense games of videogame hockey I have gone through with someone.

Anyhow, I dl'd the 2K9 demo, and I'm not digging it. Graphically it isn't bad, but not as crisp as I've found EA's graphics to be. Skating feels like you're trying to control any character in a Resident Evil game (pre RE4, mind you), they feel like tanks. I don't like their use of the "pro stick evolution". Feels kinda clunky and unresponsive, and the control scheme is kinda retardedly complicated, but then again, it could be because I haven't played a 2K game since 2K6 and I didn't even play that one all that much. Simplicity and accessibility are things I enjoy when it comes to controls, and I think EA has done a good job on that.

There are some things I do like, like the scrums and jostling during faceoffs, which I think are well implemented, and I'm assuming there is still scrums along the boards though I haven't been able to pull one of those off yet.

Also, I hate that fucking cinematic camera. Throws me off so much and makes it hard to play good positional hockey.

Edited by AnOceanPearl

no it's not because you haven't played a 2k game in years, these controls blow even compared to last years where you had to be an engineer to understand them.

and I guess they're technically scrums along the boards.. but please call it "pinning" aka when someone gets "pinned" it's when another player holds one with the puck against the boards legally using their knee between the legs so they can't skate and are forced to kick the puck or throw some elbows