malarky

Live At Massey Hall

I like this auto-refresh extension for firefox.

Me too. :angry:

for those that pre-ordered a signed copy, does yours say "signed" in the receipt, or just pre-order of cd? it said signed in my cart, but i thought i would double check with everyone here.

Yes, it does say signed in the receipt.

I would like to hope that for those who ordered a non-signed copy between the 200 signed copies selling out and the extra 100 being added, that you would get a signed copy as well, but probably not. :angry: The idea to increase the number of signed copies seems like a very last-minute decision.

I'm glad I was able to 'compete' with the Canadians to pre-order a copy. And I'm glad to know I wasn't the only one who didn't get a good sleep last night! ;) Woke up several times, the last being at 4am, to get two copies (one for me, one for my dad).

Unsigned copies have just sold out again.

Edited by B Gallagher

I doubt it, if you've ever seen his sig, it's basically an MG, a child could mimic it pretty well

he doesn't seem like the kind of artist who would do this. he is very personal about his music thats why it is so amazing. if it was 500 or 1000 signed copies i'd understand your point. i think they are all his own.

"edit" keep in mind he also has a month to sign them!

Edited by austintexas5597

he doesn't seem like the kind of artist who would do this. he is very personal about his music thats why it is so amazing. if it was 500 or 1000 signed copies i'd understand your point. i think they are all his own.

you obviously misread my post.. I'm not saying he has an army of children to forge his sig for him.. but it's the equivalent of a doctors signature in that it's two letters...

you obviously misread my post.. I'm not saying he has an army of children to forge his sig for him.. but it's the equivalent of a doctors signature in that it's two letters...

i thought you were implying they were "signed" but probably not signed by him as it was easy to forge, maybe a "photocopy" or something. sorry for the confusion:(, just read my reply didn't mean to sound like a douche bag it sounded better in my head lol.

Massey Hall Vinyl Release

It seems there has been some extremely fucked up miscommunication regarding the vinyl release of the record. I am now being told that it will not be available for purchase, be it online or at retail, until the November 4th release date. Sorry for the confusion.

From the Blog :angry:

Guess we can all stop spamming the server waiting for it to be posted lol ;)

I don't need the signed copy, since I usually get all my stuff signed eventually anyway. I am hoping I can just grab the CD when it comes out at a store, but I will pre-order the damn thing if must.

What I really want is the vinyl. Back in the day, I had no problems getting a hold of stuff. The audience expansion thing is paying off...I guess. I just don't want to be one of those poor suckers that has to buy the thing off eBay for double the price.

*edit* And NOW the info is available.

Edited by Nearfantastica

this is how he usually signs things. i've seen him sign things exactly like that.

As with any artist, Matt's sig has changed over time. He's honed it into something that both looks good and is more efficient. I have a signed Underdogs CD where he wrote out his whole name. In the BM era, it changed again, and then shortened again after he went solo. Mind, there are also hundred's more people that want autographs now then back in the day.

But when White Light came out with the first 200 copies signed, I was disappointed with some of the sigs. I prefer to get it done in person. Most of the time, he'll personalize it for you too:)

And yes, I realize this isn't an option for everyone. It is however, my personal preference.

But when White Light came out with the first 200 copies signed, I was disappointed with some of the sigs. I prefer to get it done in person. Most of the time, he'll personalize it for you too:)

And yes, I realize this isn't an option for everyone. It is however, my personal preference.

I was a little bummed when I received my signed In a Coma from MapleMusic. It was the MG, but it looked like either the pen was running dry or it'd gotten smudged off inside the package. It didn't look much like an MG. I was still psyched, though, only because I figured I'd never have the chance to meet him. (More than that, I never thought I'd see him live, given how flat-broke I was at the time.)

Since then, I've lucked out and caught him at the bus after shows a couple of times. I asked him to sign an AOB booklet (from a limited edition) in Kitchener this year. I got the MG again (he was in a hurry given how many people were waiting), but it was better. (I'm still kicking myself for not grabbing HM out of the car before looking for the bus in St Catharines last fall - barely any people found the bus, so there was more time to hang out.)

I really prefer the in-person signing - relating the story of how and when it was signed is a great bonus.

The most illegible signature I've ever gotten was from the lead singer of Everclear (Art Alexakis). It's his whole name, but it's almost impossible to recognize a single letter of it. (It looks like back and forth scribbling.)

Edited by uglyredhonda

Any reason why?

Just because you could obviously tell by some people's scans that poor Matt's hand was tired. I'm sure the first 10 were spot on, but from 190-200? Some were a bit...sloppy. But they still count as legit. I'm sure the owners were ecstatic.

The best autograph I ever saw was an Avalanche vinyl that he sketched one of his faces in. That was awesome.

Edited by Nearfantastica

I have a few MG autographs, some in person and some from pre-signed posters i bought at the concerts. They all look pretty much the same to me. An "M", and then something that i guess you could call a "G".

I'm also a big baseball fan, and i have quite a few player autographs over the years. My opinion is that Matt has a pretty mediocre signature (though i've easily seen many worse), but i can't blame him because given the # of things he's signed over the years he's obviously developed a technique so he can sign his name as many times in as short a time as possible. In short: don't take it personal.

I'm also totally PO'd i haven't been able to pre-order the fricken' CD from Maple all day. When you say you're going to put something on sale on a certain day, it had better well be there (or at least more than a few hundred copies or whatever). It's bad business. I don't blame Matt at all, i blame the stupid music executives. I don't even want a signed copy.

Online ticket companies like ticketmaster do it right. They tell you the exact minute tickets will be on sale, and then at that time they virtually always have the tickets up on time.

Edited by Moonlight_Graham