malarky

Live At Massey Hall

I have a few MG autographs, some in person and some from pre-signed posters i bought at the concerts. They all look pretty much the same to me. An "M", and then something that i guess you could call a "G".

I'm also a big baseball fan, and i have quite a few player autographs over the years. My opinion is that Matt has a pretty mediocre signature (though i've easily seen many worse), but i can't blame him because given the # of things he's signed over the years he's obviously developed a technique so he can sign his name as many times in as short a time as possible. In short: don't take it personal.

I'm also totally PO'd i haven't been able to pre-order the fricken' CD from Maple all day. When you say you're going to put something on sale on a certain day, it had better well be there (or at least more than a few hundred copies or whatever). It's bad business. I don't blame Matt at all, i blame the stupid music executives. I don't even want a signed copy.

Online ticket companies like ticketmaster do it right. They tell you the exact minute tickets will be on sale, and then at that time they virtually always have the tickets up on time.

The initial problem I had ordering the CD was that I was clicking the "Add to Basket" that was on the page directly linked from Matt's blog.

Instead I went to the matt good artist home page on maple music and went to "Matthew Good Music" and the Add to Basket link on THAT page worked correctly. Dunno why, but that's what I did to make it work.

Online ticket companies like ticketmaster do it right. They tell you the exact minute tickets will be on sale, and then at that time they virtually always have the tickets up on time.

with an added 40% serice fee and will be sold out in 10 minutes.

I'm wearing it in my sig picture (bright pink, large pink pill on front with words "matthewgoodisfantastica" underneath it:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/near_fantasti...57605433573592/

;)

Wow, you got him to sign the back of your CD insert, not the front. Thats a great idea! Sometimes i don't want an autograph on my CD cover because it sorta messes it up. I may use this idea if i ever get a CD signed from anyone on a CD cover i really like and don't want scribbled on. btw instead of the shirt u should have got Matt to sign your boobs. Thats REAL rock n' roll!

Gomo said:

"The initial problem I had ordering the CD was that I was clicking the "Add to Basket" that was on the page directly linked from Matt's blog.

Instead I went to the matt good artist home page on maple music and went to "Matthew Good Music" and the Add to Basket link on THAT page worked correctly. Dunno why, but that's what I did to make it work."

I have been trying both ways.

Edited by Moonlight_Graham

I love their convenience fee for ordering online. I mean they're charging us for doing all the work. Classic!

Oh, but it's not just a convenience fee for online ordering. If you got to the inconvenience of driving to the nearest ticket master location in Calgary, (mine is about 1/2 an hour from my house), you STILL get to pay for the "convenience."

Oh, but it's not just a convenience fee for online ordering. If you got to the inconvenience of driving to the nearest ticket master location in Calgary, (mine is about 1/2 an hour from my house), you STILL get to pay for the "convenience."

That's pretty awesome.

Yes I just spent 20 bux in convenience charges buying tickets to the Smashing Pumpkins. Damn Ticket Master.

Wow, you got him to sign the back of your CD insert, not the front. Thats a great idea! Sometimes i don't want an autograph on my CD cover because it sorta messes it up. I may use this idea if i ever get a CD signed from anyone on a CD cover i really like and don't want scribbled on. btw instead of the shirt u should have got Matt to sign your boobs. Thats REAL rock n' roll!

I have been trying both ways.

Believe me, if I hadn't been standing in a busy street, I would have ;) (M signed the shirt before I went on the bus...)

I agree with the CD thing

As far as I am concerned an autograph on something that wasn't signed in person is completely worthless.

Sure it's preferable, but when I live on the other side of the world, a 'generic' autograph is still more than good enough for me! ;)

And I'm just thinking - there's a small group of people who were able to pre-order what were supposedly unsigned copies of the album between the original 200, and the additional 100 signed copies being available? So why is Maple Music taking more than a couple of days to put the regular version up for presale? Or is that it until November 4th?

Edited by B Gallagher

I highly doubt any more will be going up for presale. Because there are only 10,000 copies being released, obviously the vast majority are going to be held back so they can be shipped to retail outlets. From what Matt said on the blog, there was a very limited supply available for the pre-order and that they were trying to get more, but if it hasn't happened yet, I wouldn't put money on there being any more made available.

I would just like to say that ever since I switched to OSX, I can't read jack shit when I highlight that spoiler tag.

Haha, same. I'm new around hear, but have noticed it. I just copy and paste what is being said into the explorer bar in Firefox, and read it that way. ;)

Technically they are not bright, they are desaturated. If you really don't like it, go to: System Preferences, Appearance, Highlight Colour (They are all quite desaturated, so choose "Other" pick a nice dark windows style colour), and they you have it, you can read spoiler tags.

Alternately, if Anton can make it so that the txt itself is closer to black, then you we would get sufficient contrast ;)

I'm not going to get it off of iTunes. Waste of money... I'll do something...

I'll go to HMV right when it opens in November and get it then. There's one right next to where I work, so I'll just jet over there when I get off of work, have breakfast, and pick it up. I think that'll work.

Edited by Jarrod