malarky

Live At Massey Hall

it's not all that easy for me being in the us. i don't love spending $10+ for shipping on an item when i have sent countless things to canada for half that or less. it's not like the shit has to cross a fucking ocean. it just has to cross a stupid invisible line.

Mrs. Jesus, www.CDPLUS.com, free shipping...even to the US. I paid $16 for mine.

And yeah Moonlight, he definitely didn't look happy. He was more animated after the show. He was running around smoking cancer sticks, away from the bus.

He's definitely an able musician, just a little lacking in the spark dept.

Entwhistle was just a very obvious presence. Like John Paul Jones, you knew they were there grooving. Entwhistle at least looked like he was into it.

maybe. hey john paul jones was sooooo cooool when he guested with jimmy page at the foos gig, wembley stadium. matt was better though, haha...

sorry, crap typing...broken wrist and i can't be arsed to hit / unhit caps lock.

;)

Ah, the Americans get their comeuppance. Oh the times I have spent $15 on shipping because I was in Canada. Sure it doesn't cost you that much... it even costs you less. I do have a news flash for you though, shipping from Canada to any US address of a CD size package does actually cost $7-$10. Who's screwing who now?

On a less judgemental note, I am travelling back to Canada and could pick you up a copy and put it in USPS when I return. PM me if you likes.

Yep, I got an email confirmation from MapleMusic on the 4th. Although it technically wasn't from MapleMusic but from Canada Post. And according to the online tracking website, the CD finally left Canada today.

I noticed at least one other person hadn't gotten a confirmation email yet, though. That is pretty weird ... maybe it went into your spam folder?

I have managed to listen to disc 1, three times completely...yeah I'm stuck on it. It's just a total mindblow. The production is amazing...I actually plugged in my amp and jammed with I'm a window last night. Jesus, I can't wait to see Matt live again.

Just finished listening to the CD. I hate to say this but I'm very disappointed in Matt's voice in many of the songs, especially early on in the concert. He went with a weird tremolo style for his voice, instead of his usual lovely clear wailing notes.

Some songs he does well (like Blue Skies Over Bad Lands), but for songs like Champions or Avalanche i thought he frankly stunk. The band itself did an excellent job throughout though.

I really wish Matt put out a live CD of his solo acoustic tour. His voice was amazing on that tour. Maybe the whole band vibe fucks up his focus on his voice. I dunno. Just not his best stuff.

If you disagree with me thats fine, just please refrain from going all "i love everything Matt does" fanboy on me plz.

Just finished listening to the CD. I hate to say this but I'm very disappointed in Matt's voice in many of the songs, especially early on in the concert. He went with a weird tremolo style for his voice, instead of his usual lovely clear wailing notes.

Some songs he does well (like Blue Skies Over Bad Lands), but for songs like Champions or Avalanche i thought he frankly stunk. The band itself did an excellent job throughout though.

I really wish Matt put out a live CD of his solo acoustic tour. His voice was amazing on that tour. Maybe the whole band vibe fucks up his focus on his voice. I dunno. Just not his best stuff.

If you disagree with me thats fine, just please refrain from going all "i love everything Matt does" fanboy on me plz.

I agree with you, almost 100%. I definitely thought his voice was off on the CD, especially compared to the times I've seen him live, where he was frickin' amazing. I remember seeing him Live solo acoustic at the Van East Cultural Center. It was basically the best set list ever, I would kill for that on CD. One of the best concerts I've ever been too... It helps that I was front and center, close enough to reach out and touch him if I stood up.

I've only listened to the CD off iTunes so far, and the singing wasn't so bad that I would say Matt "stunk," but I'd agree that it was mediocre. I was thinking it was just because he's getting older and his voice is starting to wear down, but then again, his voice is still rich and soaring on many of the recent acoustic bootlegs on YouTube.

I do remember him writing a post about how, after touring acoustically for so long, he was really straining to sing with a full band because he had to push himself so hard. So maybe it really is getting used to the band vibe again that's messing him up?

The only thing I really disagree on is the comment about Champions and Avalanche. For me at least, those are two of the songs where his singing does work ... on Avalanche especially it adds this extra level of desperation to the song. But that's just personal preference. =)