malarky

Live At Massey Hall

If you worry about being able to obtain special editions in the future from Matt Good, you could maybe check a site called mymusic.com

It's based in Canada and so if you buy it through them you don't have to pay import charges. That's where I've bought all of my Matt Good albums, living in New York.

I got the Deluxe In A Coma through them.

Edited by Gomo

If you worry about being able to obtain special editions in the future from Matt Good, you could maybe check a site called mymusic.com

It's based in Canada and so if you buy it through them you don't have to pay import charges. That's where I've bought all of my Matt Good albums, living in New York.

I got the Deluxe In A Coma through them.

Thanks for the tip sugar! ;)

Matthew is likely going to first release the live full band concert on iTunes and then on CD.

The acoustic cd, if it goes through, is not going to be the Massey Hall acoustic show. It's just going to be him playing songs we haven't heard acoustically.

I am ridiculously excited for the full band show, if not just to hear the brilliant rendition of Champions again. Best concert opener ever.

Also, a disc of new acoustic stuff would be awesome. I hope he tries Carmelina acoustically, as it used to be amazing back in the day when he played it after LIfe Beyond the Minimum Safe Distance, and I'd life to hear that version again in beter quality.

I am ridiculously excited for the full band show, if not just to hear the brilliant rendition of Champions again. Best concert opener ever.

Also, a disc of new acoustic stuff would be awesome. I hope he tries Carmelina acoustically, as it used to be amazing back in the day when he played it after LIfe Beyond the Minimum Safe Distance, and I'd life to hear that version again in beter quality.

But I ask you, Owen...are you ready for this jelly?

I don't care for Itunes...but I may make an exception if it's the only game in town. I'm with Ms. Jane, Matt could sing "Row your boat" with a mouthful of marbles and it would still be kick ass.

i'd love to hear an acoustic version of Man of Action and Carmelina.

I'm pretty excited for this. It was a great concert to attend, and even better to get a mastered version of it. If I had to choose though, I enjoyed the acoustic show at Massey far more. It's a much better environment for a mellow show like that. Just my opinion, though. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for the full band show.

According to this article about this falls albums, Live at Massey Hall will be out Nov. 4.

http://jam.canoe.ca/Music/Artists/U/U2/200...597681-sun.html

This may just mean the physical CD though as Matt said on his site that he expects the album out in late Sept/ early Oct. He may have been referring to it's iTunes release. I'm not sure.

That set list is from the first Massey show, which was solo-acoustic. The second show was full band and opened with the best version of Champions of Nothing that I've ever heard. To my recollection, Giant was played.

The show was incredible.

If you're on Facebook, I posted a pretty good video of that song from that night on the Matthew Good group on there.