malarky

Live At Massey Hall

does anyone know where these cd will be sold? i get the itunes one, but if theres a limtied run cd, than im doubting there going to be sold in every cd store in every town. just the big cities....god i cant wait, im like a fat kid in a candy shop waiting for the store to close so i can come out of hiding....

Edited by winn23

Yeah, I don't really get that, I'm not sure if it means that all 20 tracks will be released worldwide on iTunes (including Canada) on Oct 7. Or, if Canada gets the first 12 and has to wait until November for the other 8. The info on MG.org is not very clear at all and somewhat contridicting.

On Tuesday, October 7th, the first 12 tracks from the recording will be released exclusively on iTunes Canada for $7.99 (the remaining 8 songs will be available for purchase on November 4th for $6.99). The entire release, consisting of 20 songs, will be released worldwide.

So its saying that the first 12 songs will be released exclusively on iTunes Canada, and the rest will be in November. But then it also says that all 20 songs will be released worldwide. So, then it really isn't exclusive to iTunes Canada at all, and doesn't worldwide include Canada?

There is so many things wrong with that paragraph it is just confusing the hell out of me.

Also, if they aren't putting the other 8 tracks on iTunes Canada until November, it is just a tactic to make sure we buy the 12 tracks on the 7th and then still buy a hard copy CD in November for the other 8. hmmmmm.

As well, if the other 8 tracks are being released everywhere else, that just means that us here in Canada will just get them through non-legit means anyway.

I think this may just be a mis-comminication of some sort though.

Edited by Curtster

I'm starting to wonder if this is actually a Universal release, perhaps a remaining piece of the old contract. (A lot of major label contracts in the US stipulate x number of albums plus a greatest hits and a live album.)

The iTunes differences is what's throwing the flag. Matt controls international distribution of his Universal albums, which is how he's been able to make them available worldwide through iTunes. (BM in the US is messed up because of the deal with Atlantic.) I wouldn't think he would mind having it coming out early in its entirety on iTunes, especially since he was talking about an online-only EP.

I don't know - maybe its an indie label wanting to guarantee that some CDs get sold. But it feels like Universal's back there somewhere. (Artists choosing not to be involved in the mixing process of a release often whispers "contractual obligation", but that might not be the case here. The reasons Matt gave for staying out of it make sense as well.)

Edited by uglyredhonda