malarky

Live At Massey Hall

This sounds like it's gonna be a hell of an album. I'm not generally big on live albums but maybe because it's MG that makes it so much more appealing...and also it sounds amazing.

I think it's been long overdue. If it wasn't for Charles taking pity, I wouldn't have heard 'owt other than terrible 30-second Youtube clips from mobiles in the way of live stuff from a 14-year career. Pretty frustrating...

From what's been shared so far, it sounds fan-fucking-tastic. ;)

Edited by LonelyWreckage

Weapon's still my favourite recording out of all the songs I've heard thus far. The way the guitar riff is timed with the drums towards the end makes me move my head in ways music hasn't made me in a long damn time.

The only thing that's really bugging me about the recordings is the fact that the bass guitar appears to be really low in the mix, and almost inaudible, and it makes the recordings sound a little thin. Granted, that could because I've been listening with my laptop speakers and not headphones, but dammit! As a bass player I like hearing that stuff.

agreed..

I think it's been long overdue. If it wasn't for Charles taking pity, I wouldn't have heard 'owt other than terrible 30-second Youtube clips from mobiles in the way of live stuff from a 14-year career. Pretty frustrating...

From what's been shared so far, it sounds fan-fucking-tastic. ;)

I got some pretty good clips from the most recent acoustic tour:

Click on the "more from this user link" to see the rest

I got some pretty good clips from the most recent acoustic tour:

Click on the "more from this user link" to see the rest

Nice one, I'll have a look now. Never actually bothered to check Google Video 'cos I'm a fucking idiot.

But generally, I was getting at how few and far between any professionally recorded stuff is, rather than saying there's zero audience recordings out there worth listening to, although most are painful. ;)

Nice one, I'll have a look now. Never actually bothered to check Google Video 'cos I'm a fucking idiot.

But generally, I was getting at how few and far between any professionally recorded stuff is, rather than saying there's zero audience recordings out there worth listening to, although most are painful. ;)

Some of the files were too big for youtube to accept, so I threw them all on google because it was easy enough and they have a desktop uploader.

I got decent sound quality out of my brothers digi-camcorder though, so I was happy.

Too bad I missed the stage during most of Fine Art >.<

Just to let all of you outside of Canada know that it's available on respective iTunes stores at local times. i.e. - it's after midnight on the 7th now here in NZ, so it's available on iTunes. ;)

The downside - it's not iTunes Plus.

Cost is NZD $21.99 (= CAD $15.46).

Label is given as Cobraside - see attached.

mg-lamh.png

Edited by B Gallagher

Anytime Craigers.

I have to admit the bass is definitely tuned down...It took a few listens to get past the excitment to get analytical. As a bassist, I'm bothered a little...but generally, unless you're Geddy Lee...most bass players get lost in live recording mixes.

Anytime Craigers.

I have to admit the bass is definitely tuned down...It took a few listens to get past the excitment to get analytical. As a bassist, I'm bothered a little...but generally, unless you're Geddy Lee...most bass players get lost in live recording mixes.

This also bugs me as a bass player /cryface