Dan #3

Stargate Atlantis Cancelled

I've been getting kind of sick of Stargate DS9 lately. After watching the first few episodes of the season, I had given up on the show. Now that I hear it's been cancelled, I might actually continue watching til the end of the series.

As for Stargate Voyager, I'm not thrilled about it, but I'll hold off judgement until I see more.

At least with every cancelled SciFi show, they'll be replacing it with a show of equal value. (I'd give it a few weeks before they announce Caprica is being picked up)

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.php?category=0&id=58910

With Battlestar also ending (starting) this January, does anybody else feel a frosty future of lack of good sci-fi on the horizon?

jj abrams' fringe and joss whedon's dollhouse look fresh and exciting. the latter is loosely sci-fi, but counts for me. i'm frankly a bit tired of space-station drama.

Atlantis always seemed to lack something. I dunno, not a bad show but not UBER bummed that its ending.

Not like w/ BSG. I just about broke my TV by throwing stuff at it when they ended the current season halfway thru and found out that they werent going to finish till 2009!!

Space Above and Beyond was a great show! Stupid Fox....

jeez...get this stupid show over with..last season and it's like filler episodes.

it sucks I like the characters(save ronan) but can't we get anything going besides the same old villager saved the day in the nick of time? why does every episode have to wrap up so nicely with all this harcore action.

Oh wow, I never realized the franchise parallels until now.

I like SG-1... I like Atlantis, but haven't watched it as closely. I never really liked the fact that the Stargate series was so connected, but they chose to keep it so separate. It just never made sense to me why they wouldn't have mixed the two more often.

I'm not feeling it for the perspective for the new series. I dunno... I think they ran out most of the cool stuff already.