Crusader

Surprise! Election In Canada

Do you want Harper to call another election?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Harper to call another election?

• Yes
    • No
    • No, it's a huge waste of money.
    • I'm not voting.

Conservatives

So Mr. Stephen Harper is, in all likelihood, calling another election before the Americans have had a chance to pick their President.

Why, you ask? Well his numbers aren't doing great but neither are everyone elses'. He's hoping to get a few more seats in the House of Commons mainly and extend his stay.

He also doesn't want to risk losing the next scheduled election if the Americans elect a Democrat into power.

Liberals

As much as I love the party, I don't think Stephane has what it takes to be the Prime Minister. I feel he should step aside and let someone like Bob Rae take his place as head of the party.

NDP

Jack's just got a cool beard but they'll never get enough votes.

Green Party

Enjoy wasting your vote.

If we do, I'm voting Obama. Really. In big bold letters, to get my point across that elections in Canada are a big waste of time (nothing will ever get done and they're screwing up what funding is issued to the arts and culture), I will vote for Barak Obama.

Enjoy your spoilt ballot.

I will, dammit! Not like they'd know who did it. Besides, it's not like I'm completely blowing off my hard fought right to vote. I just don't want any of the candidates to get my vote. Stephen Harper is a robot programmed to do whatever the US tells him to do. Stephane Dion is a wuss. Voting NDP is useless because they are.

I don't see how voting Green is a waste. They gain funding and recognition with each vote. Plus, they have better ideas than all of these bum parties.

Harper will most likely be re-elected, but not the majority he desires. The Liberals will also probably take away a few seats from the Conservatives.

I will, dammit!  Not like they'd know who did it.  Besides, it's not like I'm completely blowing off my hard fought right to vote.  I just don't want any of the candidates to get my vote.  Stephen Harper is a robot programmed to do whatever the US tells him to do.  Stephane Dion is a wuss.  Voting NDP is useless because they are.

right, but it's not like stephen harper goes through the ballots himself. i think your protest and outrage at our shoddy choices for candidates is misdirected at vote-counter #3490. and it's not like they care, or will even tell a superior. you're just wasting everybody's time, including your own.

i share your feelings about voting. for the longest time i didn't do it because i didn't think it mattered, and i still feel that way. it's an illusion of choice, especially in canada. all of our candidates are very similar,and voting one way or another doesn't really affect the outcome of the election. but what i didn't know was that the party you vote for gets somewhere around $2, regardless of whether they get a seat in the house of commons or not. so since then, i've been voting green. i don't like their leader, and i know they won't win an election, but they're a party that i agree with, and who are also severely under-represented in the canadian media.

your vote isn't important, but at least consider the full ramifications of your wasting it before you do. vote for a party whose ideals you share, regardless of whether they're the communist party, the bloq, or the conservatives, so at least you can help a party improve, rather than stay the same. and i mean, if you do have a problem with the voting system, write a letter or do something positive rather than something apathetic. you're right in thinking that your vote doesn't matter, and that the changes it brings about are insignificant. but the logic that your boycotting of the vote will somehow prove something is the same as those who believe their votes do make change. what you're doing is reactionary, and is still based on the fundamentals of democracy. not voting is still a choice given to you by the government. it is not an exercise of free will, nor does it prove anything. i believe in civil disobedience, but if you really don't like the government, stop paying taxes.

Edited by borntohula

Don't worry, I'll definitely get my ass in gear for this election and get my questions out there. It's just after four years and seeing very little coverage or acknowledgement of the issues that matter the most to me around election time has made the process weary. Especially coming up to this election. The focus is going to be on the environment, why Dion's carbon tax is a bad idea, and why the other leaders are the real bad guy.

Forget the fact that funding towards art and cultural programs meant to promote Canadian talent is basically no more.

I can't promice any kind of change towards my vote, but I will try.