Probably my favourite band ever. Although, I understand why most people who do not like them do it, for Corgans voice, they just can't wrap their heads around it. Fair play.

Siamese Dream is my favourite album ever, pretty sure. Soma being my favourite song, hands down. They had such an amazing catelogue of songs/albums from '91 - '00. I went to their "final" concert in Chicago in 2000 and it was incredible, 3 main sets, 4 encore, over 4 hours of songs. The best show i've ever been to.

What do people think? Favourite songs? Albums? Ever seen them live in their peak? Or at least with the orginal line-up still?

on a side note, this morning i bought pre-sale tickets to their show on November 4th (they're playing the 3rd too) at Massey Hall. Got second row tickets, should be amazing.

They have to be my favourite band. Siamese Dream is by far the most amazing album I have ever heard. My sister bought it when it first came out and I think I was 6 years old and I fell in love with it then. Mayonaise being my favourite song by them. The last album was how do I put it... fucking terrible. Billy Corgan should've just left it alone unless he could get James Iha, D'arcy, or Melissa Auf Du Mar.

I love Smashing Pumpkins, but I've said it before...This last album is not Smashing Pumpkins. Even though I fucking love the shit out of it. Doomsday Clock, is fucking badass. It's Billy and Jimmy, and some other people...but it's not the Pumpkins.

Gish was damn good. Siamese Dream their master piece. Mellon Collie was great, although should of been condensed into one album. Adore was solid and anything after that ain't worth mentioning in my opinion. As for a favourite song, Drown would have to be up there for me. It was on the Singles OST.

I don't know about condensing Mellon Collie into one disk, you take it as it is. One of the best double albums ever made.

Gish was fantastic, often forgot about because Nevermind was released a couple months after it.

And whoever said it's not the same anymore, bang on. Not the same vibe.

I've been on a Siamese Dream kick all week, and it is gooood. My favourite record of theirs will always be Adore, though. So awesome.

They have a DVD coming out in November focusing on the Fillmore residency shows they played last summer. It's a lot of brand new songs, but I'm most looking forward to seeing if the new members have any personality. Except for Lisa Harriton, the keyboard player. She's awesome.

what? how do you turn one album into a box set?

I'm sure it will be a regular old deluxe edition type package, but with the way Billy writes there is probably a lot of unheard (likely not good) material from the era. Not to mention any eps or demos from when they formed. I think it would be covering '88 to '91.

i think they're a bit overrated, but i don't mind some of their stuff. double-albums are too bloated for me, so i really think they had hit their peak prior to making mellon collie. after that, they were hit-and-miss and overblown.

still though, they represent billy corgan's songwriting at its best. anything he's done after their break-up (including the latest pumpkins album) has been hugely disappointing. i don't have a favourite album, but i do like machina II a lot. it was a nice, yet strange way to end things and makes up for the abomination that was machina I.

I'm sure it will be a regular old deluxe edition type package, but with the way Billy writes there is probably a lot of unheard (likely not good) material from the era. Not to mention any eps or demos from when they formed. I think it would be covering '88 to '91.

i always hate the crap they stuff these deals with. when you hear it you always know why you've never heard it before. and then you wonder why you're hearing it now. and you never listen to it again.

Mellon Collie was insanely good. 1979 is one of my all-time fav songs, and "Tonight, Tonight", "Bullet with Butterfly Wings", and Thirty-Three etc. are just classics. Man, that was the era of music when music-videos were at their peak. Now its all MTV Cribs & So You Think You Can Dance.

I like a few songs off Siamese Dream, like Today & Disarm, but i dont get the overall amazement with the album.

i always hate the crap they stuff these deals with. when you hear it you always know why you've never heard it before. and then you wonder why you're hearing it now. and you never listen to it again.

On the flip side, I love them. You'd have to be a big fan of the album to appreciate them, I suppose.

I bought the The Holy Bible 10th anniversary (Manic Street Preachers) just for the extras, and couldn't be happier with them. Loads of TV/festival footage which I'd been wanting to see for AGES, but now actually in amazing quality, as apposed to some dodgy VHS conversion.

It had demos (surely they're interesting, if you're a fan of the album ?), soundboard live material - again, rock solid to come across in this case, a radio 1 session I'd never heard and finally an entirely different mix of the album for North America, with certain songs being superior to ours.

I mean, the tracklistings are usually released beforehand, so you'd know exactly what you were getting - you just wouldn't buy it if they're not the kind of things you're interested in.

On the flip side, I love them. You'd have to be a big fan of the album to appreciate them, I suppose.

I bought the The Holy Bible 10th anniversary (Manic Street Preachers) just for the extras, and couldn't be happier with them. Loads of TV/festival footage which I'd been wanting to see for AGES, but now actually in amazing quality, as apposed to some dodgy VHS conversion.

It had demos (surely they're interesting, if you're a fan of the album ?), soundboard live material - again, rock solid to come across in this case, a radio 1 session I'd never heard and finally an entirely different mix of the album for North America, with certain songs being superior to ours.

I mean, the tracklistings are usually released beforehand, so you'd know exactly what you were getting - you just wouldn't buy it if they're not the kind of things you're interested in.

i'm a huge fan of fleetwood mac, and most of the demos and such they included on the tusk and rumours reissues were not worth my time. so i don't think it matters how much of a fan you are. i was excited to hear them, and thoroughly disappointed once i had. i have several other albums by different artists that have suffered this same fate. it sounds to me like your manic street preachers know how to do it, but i think they may be the exception to the norm.

I've never understood that, "Let's reissue something and throw a lot of crap we didn't think was good enough in the first place, on it, so the feebs will buy it."

I loved gish, but seriously...it was perfect as was...I don't really want to hear..."hmmmm, this isn't even good enough to be a b-side" and I sure as shit wouldn't pay for it.

There are always exceptions...but overall it's like the whole Biggie and Tupac...10 albums released since death thing...I mean really...after awhile, how many times can you re-record and splice the same shite different ways.

That Nirvana track "You know you're right" was cool. IT sounded just like something that would have come off of "In Utero". One track...not 20 tracks of remixed, and over-produced shit.

Supposedly, there are some Hendrix, and Doors outtakes that never saw the light of day...as much as I love Jimi and Jim....I hope they aren't released...