• Harper/Conservatives
    • Dion/Liberals
    • May/Green Party
    • Layton/NDP
    • Duceppe/Bloc
    • undecided
    • I'm not Canadian, this poll is racist
    • I am Canadian & i'm not voting

right now i'm torn between voting strategically, or for the party who i feel would benefit the most from my $2 or however much they receive w/ each vote.

Same here.

Its between the Liberals, who finished 2nd in my riding last election, or the NDP, who finished 3rd and probably don't have a prayer in my strong Conservative riding.

after hearing the libs trying to capitalize on people voting strategically this past week, i've decided to go with the greens. they have no chance of winning in my riding, but i think it's a better choice than fuelling the liberals who have been sustained on the "left vote" for far too long. they openly buy into the idea that voting for the other parties works the same as a vote in favour of the conservatives, and i don't like the sound of that philosophy one bit. i don't like the two party system, and i believe that the best way for me to not participate in it (aside from apathy) is to vote green. elizabeth may has done exceptionally well for herself this election, and i think that it should not go unrewarded.

i'm excited to see how well the greens do for themselves this time around now that they've been able to participate in the debate. i'm feeling pretty optimistic that they'll do quite well for themselves. hopefully they can get more than one seat this time.

After a lot of though, Mr. Dion had it pretty rough. Harper pretty much dared him to call the election for the past two years.

Exactly. He wasn't an idiot at least. Just a bit weak in the passion area.

I think he's about to resign. Or maybe not.

In order for May's deal with Dion to work (that a Liberal wouldn't run against her), she probably had to pick a riding that had an incumbent Tory and wasn't competitive for the Liberals. Otherwise, it's lose-lose for the Liberals. I have a feeling that any riding that met those two conditions would be all but unwinnable for a Green Party candidate.

It's got to be weird going from national attention (with the positive notes she got after the debates) to complete political irrelevance within the span of a week and a half.

Dion's a smart guy. He'd do well for the party if he could focus on their efforts in Quebec.

yeah, but the green party is just stealing votes away from the NDP. Remember that the NDP didnt want the greens in the debate. which brings up this question, do you think that the green's should be in the next national debate, in about... 2 years times?

More like 8 months after the Libs get a new more confident leader. They were up for review in Decemeber thus Mr. Harper calling it early.

He had hoped that he could get a majority before the Liberals found a more confident leader.

even with a new leader, i think that we would just be in the same boat as we are now. i dont see a new strong liberal leader will make the public vote a majority liberal government overnight. give it two elections.