Sign in to follow this  
AnOceanPearl

Vancouver Megathread

Matt produced HM on his own, so I imagine he'll do the same with this album. Warne's also set up his own studio on Vancouver Island, and Matt seems to really enjoy working at the Warehouse, so I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Does anyone know how long the process generally takes from recording to release? This is definitely exciting news!

But will no doubt yield a bountiful cropp of ass kicking goodness.

Edited by bishopx

three full days.

it's a long and gruelling process.

Three full days, with no sleep, and the only sustenance coming from Carnation Instant Breakfast, Red Bull and Juicy Fruit.

Hahaha.. sounds like an intense 3 days ;) Don't forget massive amounts of coffee...

We probably won't see a physical CD until June - maybe.

i've always wondered how people can say "probably" then negate it with a "maybe" and still feel like they made a solid contribution.

Edited by BOHICA

You've shattered my life. Wow. Man. I won't get any sleep tonight.

If I remember correctly HM was recorded in December '06 and finally released in August '07. I think that means we're probably in for as long a wait again. It will all depend on when record companies feel there's an opening in the release schedule? Did we ever find out if Matt re-signed with Universal?

i don't believe he was resigned by universal. at least not yet.

I'm pretty sure Hospital Music was recorded in February 2007, and then released in August, roughly 6 months after recording took place.

He mentioned in a comment on his website that Live at Massey Hall is being released by Universal, so maybe he'll just go one record at a time with them instead of a five record deal?

Edited by IamNick

live at massey hall was the last album on his contract.

I'm guessing he'll release his next album independatly. It's much easier to do so these days and he seems to be fed up with record companies.

Oh ok I thought HM was the last album on his contract.

If Vancouver is independent there's a decent possibility that it may get released faster than if a major record label was involved with its release.

when I interviewed Matt after HM was released, he told me (like it was written on his site) that it was his last album with Universal and when spoke of what was next, he said, "My first two records were independent, so I've already done that before. Now I'm kinda in the position where I can just sit back and wait to see what happens, and that's pretty much what I intend to do".

I'm looking forward to it... I'm saddened that I might never get to see a concert again. I moved south, and I missed the last full band concert because I had a flight delay.

It'll probably get released through Maple Music.

"Recording moved back to January. Another month to kill. Can I go to sleep and wake up in the new year please?"

Fuuuuuuuuuuck.

Noooooo. Can we all go to sleep and wake up when the new album is released?

I wonder why the recording start date was moved back. It definitely doesn't sound like it was Matt's choice.