AnOceanPearl

Vancouver Megathread

I love the album, but it feels like there's something missing when I play it on my stereo. The drums and mid-bass just don't have any "oomph", even with a ton of EQing. I thought there was something wrong with my system, so I popped in Avalanche, and listened to the first minute or so of Pledge of Allegiance. Nope, nothing wrong with the stereo.

It almost seems like this album was mixed for headphones, 'cuz it sounds great on my Bose cans, but I just can't even listen to it on my system at home, which is a bit of a bummer. Anyone else notice this?

I definitely agree with what you are saying. I thought that the bass was lacking because of the low quality stream that was on his website, but once I actually purchased the CD and listened to it at home, it sounded like the bass wasn't all there. Even on decent headphones you can tell that the bass isn't as prominent on this CD as it was on his previous works and the works of others. Maybe it's because he was looking for the strings to be more prominent on this record, but Beautiful Midnight has pretty strong bass throughout it entirety. I dunno.

Edited by Walking Catastrophe

for those who have bought the cd at walmart, is there art/lyrics/notes?

around here walmart is my only option, but last time the cd seemed like a cheap copy..

i want the whole thing, whatever the price.

Have you tried looking in the sleeve on the non cd side. Might be a great place to start. If you find the sleeve you'll win a prize. It is called liner notes.

Have you tried looking in the sleeve on the non cd side. Might be a great place to start. If you find the sleeve you'll win a prize. It is called liner notes.

Actually I was kind of concerned when I was looking at the cd in Walmart. You can't really tell there's anything in there. Both sides are really thin and I was wondering what the heck the deal was, but alas, taking the packaging off revealed a tiny sleeve where the booklet managed to fit. So no worries with the Walmart version varekay.

It could just be because I play bass and my ears are trained to listen to those notes, but I don't think there is any lack of bass after listening to the CD version.

Also, Vancouver debuts at #2 on SoundScan.

Yeah, I'm kind of picky about bass when listening on headphones and I find this cd to have enough.

And hooray for Vancouver!! I just read that on MG site.

Actually I was kind of concerned when I was looking at the cd in Walmart. You can't really tell there's anything in there. Both sides are really thin and I was wondering what the heck the deal was, but alas, taking the packaging off revealed a tiny sleeve where the booklet managed to fit. So no worries with the Walmart version varekay.

Yeah, I'm kind of picky about bass when listening on headphones and I find this cd to have enough.

And hooray for Vancouver!! I just read that on MG site.

Yeah I was worried that there wouldn't be lyrics because the last time Matt released an album (of all-new material) in a digipak rather than a jewel case (WLR&RR) there weren't any.

Did anyone else notice in the lyric booklet in On Nights Like Tonight heartbreaker is misspelled as heatbreaker?

This isn't the only silly typo in an MG release. There are quite a few, and some actual lyrics omitted from, the huge booklet included with Audio of Being. Honestly, someone should post what is to go to print in the forum and let the fans give it a once over - no one cares more than we do, hah!

Misprint on the vinyl (which arrived today):

Disc 2 Side A

[track listing]

Disc 2 Side A

Empty's Theme Park

At least they're marked properly on the records.

Ya i got that too, i guess they fixed it on the second printing though.

Wow. You really study the liner notes.

Edit: Double Post.

Ha ha yeah I'm usually pretty good at picking up on selling mistakes.

edit: well that was ironic and completely unintentional lol

Edited by Devil On Rollerskates

Yeah I was worried that there wouldn't be lyrics because the last time Matt released an album (of all-new material) in a digipak rather than a jewel case (WLR&RR) there weren't any.

WLRRR was released in both jewel-case and digipack format. I saw them both on the shelf side-by-side at Walmart when it was first released. I went with the jewel case because they fit better into CD racks etc. But digipacks are definately cooler looking.

Also, there were no lyrics in the jewel case version either BTW.

I demand lyrics when i buy a CD. If i'm gonna pay $12-$15 for a CD and not go burn it for free, u better give me the damn lyrics at least. And i really hate it when a CD has a good sized booklet but its all pictures with no lyrics. ARRRG!!!

WLRRR was released in both jewel-case and digipack format. I saw them both on the shelf side-by-side at Walmart when it was first released. I went with the jewel case because they fit better into CD racks etc. But digipacks are definately cooler looking.

Also, there were no lyrics in the jewel case version either BTW.

I demand lyrics when i buy a CD. If i'm gonna pay $12-$15 for a CD and not go burn it for free, u better give me the damn lyrics at least. And i really hate it when a CD has a good sized booklet but its all pictures with no lyrics. ARRRG!!!

At least with WLRRR the lyrics were posted up on the official site like right away.