AnOceanPearl

Vancouver Megathread

I think you're just reading too much into it. Matt showcased 11 songs on the blog (Last Parade, Vancouver National Anthem, Boy Who Could Explode, Us Remains Impossible, On Nights Like Tonight, Volcanoes, Silent Army, Fought to Fight it, Empty's Theme Park, Life in Spite of Itself and Great Whales), but only confirmed the first nine to be on the album. With the bad German accent version of Great Whales showing up on the blog, and him later commenting that he only goes into the studio with material that will be on the album, it appears that he had originally planned on the nine track album and added Great Whales.

And now, I am reading far too much into it ;)

dude, you ride dinosaurs? like what kind? i like a nice triceratops myself.

In regards to a couple things in the newspost- I do believe Matt is producing the album on his own, like he did with HM, with Zack Blackstone doing the engineering and mixing and such things. And 11 songs? Has Life in Spite of Itself been confirmed, or some other track?!?!

if you look at how i worded everything you'll see that i wrote he was "a" producer and that the total was "as of writing."

in lawyer speak it's accurate ;)

of course i'll change it all if you link me some new sources or if mg complains.

Small, yes. But not necessarily too small to be of any relevance: more than half of them encorporated a bird on the cover, one of them was all black and had the old Vancouver Millionaire's logo front and centre, one looked like it had an overhead map of Vancouver and the surrounding suburbs encorporated, NONE of them contained a picture of Matt.

Sure it's not definitive, but hey, news is slow lately.

Is this the official Vancouver discussion (opinions, speculation, news, everything) thread? Because I was just thinking of making a thread for Vancouver discussion (like opinions and whatnot) but didn't think there was a proper one so I'm asking if this is the official one for just discussion in general or if it would be good to make a new one?

Oh alright. I thought it was maybe just for news and stuff like that and thought there should be one for an all out album/song discussion fest like it was 1699. But I get it now.

Anyway, my least favourite song from the new record as of now is actually Empty's Theme Park. What is everyone else's? I realize I'm probably by myself on this but it's just too long for what it is to me. Particularly Matt's delivery/lyrics being kind of bland I guess coming together with the lengthy-ness of the song. And musically the original demo is too long and repetitive in my opinion. However, I listened to the updated demo and it's quite a bit more different than I remember. I thought there was just an extra part added and the rest was basically the same but hearing it again it's a clear improvement over the original but I'd say it's still my least favourite right now. I really like the latest ETP musically though and am looking forward to hearing how it sounds on the record. And I gotta say, I surprisingly have little to complain about for most of the demos for Vancouver.