AnOceanPearl

Vancouver Megathread

Vancouver Update

Space July 22, 2009, Matthew Good

For those of you who have been wondering what will be transpiring here on the website with regards to the run-up to the release of the new record, here’s a short timetable…

- The first single will be released to radio mid-August, which means that starting on that date you’ll be able to listen to it here on the website at your leisure 24-hours a day.

- On September 6th, one month from the official release date, the single will be replaced with the entire album, which you’ll be able to listen to from start to finish.

- Once the album preview begins, the website will feature links for those interested in purchasing limited edition vinyl and autographed copies of the record.

- Information regarding the sale of concert tickets will also be available during that time.

*excitement*

Edited by Gomo

Man, that kind of sucks. I'm glad there's some news and we got the new single but exactly what I had a slight concern for some reason might happen happened. I don't want to complain but I'm really REALLY disappointed Life In Spite Of Itself didn't make the album. I mean what the heck, I thought everything but Bad Pennies was gonna make it. I don't think this song needed to be cut at all and it was honestly one of my favourite demos. I really liked its addition after a few listens. Not to be a downer but that really sucks to me, unless it's a hidden track but I doubt it and why for? I can always listen to the demo but it's not the same. Hopefully he'll release a properly recorded version of it at some point though. Edit: I quickly realize why you don't snatch up all the demos you hear.

Anyways, (rant over), the single sounds good and it's quite a bit longer which I didn't expect. Last Parade seriously was one of the options for single in my opinion so I'm not at all surprised by the choice.

Edited by Manchalivin

Man, that kind of sucks. I'm glad there's some news and we got the new single but exactly what I had a slight concern for some reason might happen happened. I don't want to complain but I'm really REALLY disappointed Life In Spite Of Itself didn't make the album. I mean what the heck, I thought everything but Bad Pennies was gonna make it. I don't think this song needed to be cut at all and it was honestly one of my favourite demos. I really liked its addition after a few listens. Not to be a downer but that really sucks to me, unless it's a hidden track but I doubt it and why for? I can always listen to the demo but it's not the same. Hopefully he'll release a properly recorded version of it at some point though. Edit: I quickly realize why you don't snatch up all the demos you hear.

Anyways, (rant over), the single sounds good and it's quite a bit longer which I didn't expect. Last Parade seriously was one of the options for single in my opinion so I'm not at all surprised by the choice.

Very much agree

Anton, can you get Life In Spite of Itself in the NF store if it's not on Vancouver? I need to catch up on the demos that didn't make it to the album.

I'll certainly try to get it up there. Will have to see what MG says after Vancouver comes out. Where did it say that it's not coming out? Been doing exams for the last two weeks and hadn't had a chance to read ;).

If you click on the discography you can see the track listing for the new album, it looks like this.

1. Last Parade

2. The Boy Who Could Explode

3. Great Whales Of The Sea

4. Us Remains Impossible

5. On Nights Like Tonight

6. Volcanoes

7. A Silent Army In The Trees

8. Fought To Fight It

9. The Vancouver National Anthem

10. Empty