Sign in to follow this  
Crusader

Great Whales Of The Sea

I've only heard two of the other recent demos (Last Parade and Life in Spite of Itself) but this one is my favorite so far. It reminded me of Flight Recorder from Viking 7 during the opening, then turned into something ... totally different that doesn't really remind me of anything else Matt's done before. I love it. ;)

Also, I can't believe the man wrote this while trying to create fake spa music. That story alone makes this song awesome in my books.

The backstory for Hello Timebomb was awesome. I wish Matt would do more retrospective's on the origins of his songs. As for the new tune, can't listen to it as the audio isn't working on the computer right now.

It sounds fantastic to me, second only to On Nights Like Tonight on the demos imho.

Judging by what I've heard of it so far, Vancouver is shaping up to be my favorite MG record since Avalanche.

Off-topic alert.

Crusader, you officially have more NF$ than I have in my 401k in real dollars.

Thanks America!

I've only heard this and "The boy who could explode"... and needless to say, I'm friggin' stoked. This is the best stuff I've heard since Avalanche

The song's down, but if someone wants it I can upload a copy to a free file server....if that doesn't go against some sort of rule here anyway.

It is not 'against' the rules per-say. However requests and mp3 uploads are only allowed in the NF Lounge... so sadly you will have to wait a little while until you can access that forum.

missed it, i really like the more ambient stuff he does so if someone could upload it, that would be awesome

I find it ironic that you enjoy a song about whales FIN boy. lol

i quite like it, shame it's not a little longer. I do hope it's on the album, the keyboards give a great feel. The album is a perfect length right now, it should definitely include all 11 songs, each one provides its own element and supports the greater body of songs, including the concept

i asked for that to be deleted.

just being stupid.

but i meant it.

wish you the best of luck.

loves a wonderfull thing.

still was none of my bisness.

sorry

I don't remember, but you should get an edit button... if you ever want a post removed edit it to read "Please delete" then the garbage collector can more easily identify it. Contrary to popular belief we're not in the business of deleting posts... most of the time we let them ride.

*edit*

I just saw what you where talking about. That will work too I guess...

Edited by ToadMan

thanks.ive got the edit button on this one,but not the previous.

still dont have the edit button on the 1st.

must be a time thing.

thank you mr toad

Edited by varekay

I'm really loving this demo (yes, loving, saved it to desktop). I'm especially fond of the bassline before the first vocal starts, it's so brooding, menacing. Wonderful.

How does someone access the lounge? Is it a case where you have to hit a certain amount of posts?

Anyway. If anyone else out there doesn't have access to the lounge....and you missed out....well send a PM my way.

Edited by haites

Well, I am really happy with this song after one listen. It really should be on the record and I think it's easily one of my favourites already.

Just pull the first book from the right. The wall should open up.

Hello...who pulled YOUR strings?? So, whatcha think of the song then? I pray it makes the album...