Sign in to follow this  
borntohula

Fringe

has anyone checked this show out yet? i like it quite a bit, but i've missed a few episodes.

It's a good show but the girl's acting is pretty terrible. The old man makes up for all of it though.

she's tolerable. i like her better than joshua jackson. i keep thinking emilio estivez or katie holmes are going to sneak around a corner or something. but yeah, the old guy rocks.

She's faking the American accent and once she's mastered it she'll be fine in the role, it's just that right now she's being too emotive in her enunciation.

Overall, great show and easily my favourite new show of the season.

the head of the fringe department is always so serious and intense. his and the lead girl's eyes are always watery too when they're bein' intense.

Papaya.jpg

also mr. papaya is the light of my life.

but i've missed a few episodes.

Check out surfthechannel.com ;) Should allow you to catch up

thanks!

hulu.com is also good, but you need to install a thing that gives you an alternate IP so you can watch their shows. good quality, though.

Thats the nice thing with Surfthechannel. It is a central place that indexs all those site so you dont havefta go looking for what you want to watch.

And you dont have to install anything ;)

i was getting a bit annoyed with the show, but last night's episode helped redeem it in my mind. until last night, the show had been relying on a simple formula that they rarely faltered from: start off with a weird death, reveal a bit more about "the pattern," the characters' cloudy pasts, solve said weird death by performing an off-the-wall kind of experiment. i enjoyed it, but it started to get a bit tiresome and predictable.

thankfully, last night's episode changed that by departing from the usual formula. i understand the role that the formula plays in the show's watchability, particularly from the standpoint of a viewer who is catching the show for the first time, or an irregular viewer, but i was glad to see things get shaken up a bit for people who've been following the entire time.

did anyone else catch it?

SPOILER (Highlight to View)
i'm glad olivia is starting to catch on to the idea that she can't trust massive dynamic, and maybe not even her boss. if she exposes him and his relationship to massive dynamic and "the pattern" (like i imagine she will, probably at the end of the season) i wonder how she'll continue to "fight" massive dynamic, especially if it is against the gov't, or at least, without the consent of the FBI

the opening scene was fantastic (butterflies attacking & falling out the window). i had never heard of the show. when the old dude said "i wish i had a lab", and the chick said "you do", i immediately lost interested and turned it off.

tv sucks, these days.

when the old dude said "i wish i had a lab", and the chick said "you do", i immediately lost interested and turned it off.

pretty sure it was joshua jackson's character who said that, but i can see how you might've made that mistake, haha.

the acting on this show is over 9000.

*serious stare*

What is with JJ Abram's obsession with planes? I'd never want to be on one with him.

i don't know but i keep missing the new episodes. i'm gonna have to watch them online to catch up. how many have i missed now since the second part of the season has started back up again?

just one or two i think. it would've been funny if they just killed her off.

just one or two i think. it would've been funny if they just killed her off.

haha something tells me that you'd be completely fine with that.

Walter is now even more awesome than before.

he keeps getting awesomer every episode.

last night's episode was pretty exciting. i was not expecting her to have "abilities."

i'm guessing alien conspiracy story arc!

needs more mulder and scully though.

it does. sometimes i'm a bit mystified as to why there's such a lack of walter and pacey.

we need an alex krycek on this show to mix it up a bit.

her boss is nothing like skinner sadly ;)

i like her boss, but that's because i'm a fan of the wire.

i just read that there's no mo fringe until april! fucking hiatuses. the show just came back. what a tease.

sarah connor is on now though and so is some new show called "dollhouse."

we need an alex krycek on this show to mix it up a bit.

her boss is nothing like skinner sadly ;)

I just finished an unheard of X-files marathon.... all 9 seasons from December 25th until today. I have to say that "the wire" guy is just as badass as skinner.... just give him time, it's only season 1. We didnt get to know skinner as anything more than a "tight ass authority figure" until the end of season 3.

THe last episode of Fringe really impressed me. I like the possible direction they're going, and it was kind of a risky move for the series I think, but it will help to define it from the X-files... hopefully it doesnt get nearly as convoluted near the end.