taro_twist

Interview + There's A Matt Good Biography?

Just found this interview from the Avalanche days on YouTube. I don't remember a link to it being posted here before. Matt goes off on a tangent about Mr. Rogers and also tells the story about his first meeting with Pete Townshend:

Also, apparently someone wrote a Matthew Good biography?

http://www.lulu.com/content/4934559 mod note: i don't think this is an authorized bio so i wouldn't buy it

It looks like a self-published book. Has anyone read this? (Or did someone on here write it? =P)

Edit:

I just found another vid posted by the same person. This one is of Matt and Rich promoting Loser Anthems and "trying to break into Japan." It's hilarious ...

Edited by Crusader

The truth of the matter is that if one is written without your knowledge, if you are still alive, then it has to be credited at unauthorized. The source material also has to be credited, and while the author does have the right to protect his sources, legal ramifications that may be in place prior to the book's publication, such as gag orders, place the author on very, very shaky ground.

Or, where I come from,a boot up yer arse!!!! ;)

re: the book

anyone can write anything about anyone at any time, so long as: it doesn't come off as libelous, the author clearly disclaims that: a. the information can be verified by credible resources and b. the piece wasn't authorized or approved by the subject in question

'inside steve's brain' is standing proof, for those of you who may disagree.

Edited by BOHICA

re: the book

anyone can write anything about anyone at any time, so long as: it doesn't come off as libelous, the author clearly disclaims that: a. the information can be verified by credible resources and b. the piece wasn't authorized or approved by the subject in question

'inside steve's brain' is standing proof, for those of you who may disagree.

I think the tenant that "it doesn't come off as libellous" is key there... It can be fairly easy to construe anything a libel... all you need are a couple of inaccuracies.

I think the point is that sense it is an unauthorized bio, without credible sources, such as the subject or those close to the subject, then all content would be subject to being considered libel. furthermore, without credit being given to said sources, then it could also be considered plagiarism. Which in turn could open the author to additional legal action from said sources. Furthermore, if the offer intends to make revenue from said publication, then all sources who didn't sign a release would be entitled to a percentage of said revenue, and furthermore, the subject would be able to file an injunction to cease the publication and sale, and would be entitled to any revenue the author received prior to said cease and desist order.

Personally, I would be deeply pissed in Matt's shoes.