What do you think of it's release?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of it's release?

• FINALLY!!
    • I already download it. it's awesome!
    • i hate you sodamntired. you and every new post you have ever made. and I will tell you this in an important post I am going to make.....right now.

Also, I could just be crazy.  It's bombastic, melodramatic, overproduced, overstuffed, and yet I can't seem to stop playing the damn thing.  Hmmm ....

and yet you've indicated that at least half of the tracks are trash, not including the ones you're uncertain of because their shittiness just polarizes the heck out of you.

either you're a masochist or you've time travelled here from 1997, a time when this album still had a (slim) chance of being relevant.

Edited by borntohula

From a critical standpoint, I recognize the album has a lot of problems. As a casual listener, I still like it. I was trying to reconcile those two viewpoints in my comments, and clearly it didn't work. =)

And I actually traveled here from 1996, not '97. Not a bad guess, though, only one year off. Now where'd I park that damn time machine ....

Never liked them so I'm definitely not going to bother with this one. Just glad it's out so we'll be able to stop hearing about it.

dude, appetite's a classic. everyone on the planet should own it. there is not a bad song on that album.

that said, i don't have the slightest desire to hear chinese democracy.

Amen, Mrs. Jesus!!!

Appetite was one of the first CDs I bought to replace the audio cassettes, when I converted entirely to CD years ago. I still have it all these years later, and I'm still dancing with Mr. Brownstone(MY FAVORITE SONG ON THAT DISC!!!) M

But again from what everyone is saying, I have no desire to hear that crap shit, Axl is trying to pawn off on us calling it GNR.

Edited by bishopx

i'm disappointed with it, given the kind of talent the dude recruited for this project... you'd think that they could come up with something a bit stronger and different than nu-metal inspired rawk. once axl rose started getting plastic surgery and started to take fashion advice from ali g, he was lost to us.

christ, he was lost to us even before that. anyone heard use your illusion II? "civil war" is ok, but the rest is pretty awful.

p.s. the results of the poll are hilarious.

Edited by borntohula

Nothing against you sodamntired... but I had to vote #3 since you left me no choice.

I must say I loved GNR back in the day but that is the way it should of stayed... this new CD sucks plain and simple. It was terrible and there wasn't one song that could hook you. You know, a new cd you listen to a song a few times well because it is good/great/awesome. Well, Chinese Democracy 14 years in the making should of stayed infinity years in the making.