calgarydave

Bsg 5th Cylon Theories?

just caught up....very cool little story going; having it in 3-4 minute bursts keeps it captivating where as I think a whole show centered around this would have been looked upon as filler.

gaida? is an awesome minor character! love the strife and turmoil he looks so real too...soooooooo good.

I agree Brendan on this being a full length episode.

Gaeta is a pretty awesome character..and over the life of the series his presence has grown. I like that we're learning these little tidbits about him in the course of this.

Okay WTF was with those clues Sci-Fi Channel posted??

When I saw that 1 pic on Dee's locker and given the play time she was getting I thought it made sense, that she was the 5th.

Then.... well you know if you saw the episode.

So now knowing the fifth, looking back at the clues. The clues still make no sense.

I too was welling up during all three viewings of it. I mean damn.

Starbuck finding herself on "Earth" was heartbreaking. Dualla's suicide was also very brutal...in all three times I watched, I paused to see who was holding the gun, because you can't see her hand on it. I seriously thought she was murdered. But after re-watching the episode, it made all the sense in the world, that it would happen. "Earth" broke her, you could see it in the Raptor. Then watching her "prepare for it." Time with Hera, and Apollo...not too mention the ritualistic way she removed her jewelry....

Apollo's reaction to it, broke my heart, and that's when I finally started crying. Tigh and Adama getting their shit together and saving each other again, was perfect. The President snapping was predictable...but somehow all the more poignant.

Ellen being the last cylon would prove my original theory to be true. It would explain so damned much. I had a hard time with Hoshi being a Cylon...

Interesting tidbit, one of my buddies who works and lives in LA, bumped into Edward James Olmos in a TRU last monday...he was incredibly nice and gracious, and no he wasn't buying BSG toys.

* Alone she sleeps in the shirt of man

* With my three wishes clutched in her hand

* The first that she be spared the pain

* That comes from a dark and laughing rain

* When she finds love may it always stay true

* This I beg for the second wish I made too

* But wish no more

* My life you can take

* To have her please just one day wake

Is this supposed to be about Starbuck?

Listening to the podcast for that episode, unless Ron Moore was lying to fuck with us, The Gaeta song was basically written because they found out the actor could sing. The song itself seemed pretty arbitrary and it was just supposed to be about a lost love.

As for Leoben freaking out about Kara's raptor, basically, all this time Leoben knew what Kara's special destiny was and has been helping her realize that through the course of the show, but seeing her dead body in the viper means that everything he thought he knew was wrong.