Billy					Cavil-Ellen-Tons of Dudes
									|
					  Helo---Boomer (Eight)------Gaeta-----Hoshi
								   |										 
								  Tyrol							   
								   |									  
								 Cally

[Youtube Clip]

this kind of ruined dualla's scene for me.

I el-oh-el'd.

Dee's suicide really surprised me, because I felt that the direction of her character was being used as a red herring as to who the final Cylon was and then BAM! she dead.

The soup commercial was legit, that's how it aired in Canada (though I didn't catch the reference at the time, cause that played that comercial at every break).

As for Dee, it bugged me at first, cause it seemed more like they needed someone to kill themselves and Dualla fit the bill (she's basically been a wall prop for the past season). But the more I think about it, the more I can convince myself that it makes sense. It's not like it was a depressive "I can't go on living"/ call for help suicide. She's working a meaningless job, she's had bad luck with both Billy and Lee, yet she got through it cause she had faith in earth, but with that gone, she was just done. She's spent like 3 years in space (never got to live on New Caprica) all in the hope that they'd find earth, only to start back at the beginning, looking for a planet that they don't even know is out there. Plus she probably wouldn't have done much else anyway, may as well go out with a bang.

Anyone watch the Live BSG Auction last weekend? It was oddly addictive and a lot of fun to see some really iconic stuff sell for some pretty high prices. The Cylon War Painting in Adama's Quarters went for $17,500. The lifesized Raptor went for $30,000 but didn't meet the reserve. Even styrofoam blocks, painted to look like books sold for $300. Yet one of Simon's damages suit jackets only went for $100. Crazy Stuff.

esp 2 thoughts?

my initial reaction to the in-house drama aboard the ships is I don't wish to watch it. It seems a little petty given the enormity they have to work with. But they pulled it off(much more so than in the past) garek was good, gaeda was awesome as always. I love that starbuck is the villian these days. All in all it was a decent episode.

I found the episode to be a bit lacking. There wasn't anything noticably wrong with the episode, but when it's written and directed by Ron Moore there's a certain expectation that really wasnt't acheived on any level for me. Though it doesn't help matters much that I've never like Zarek or Gaeta much, so to have that as the focus of the episode, and to know that they'll keep the focus for another ep or two makes me bored.

My only vested intrest in the story is the hope that they'll both end up dead. Though I'll settle for just Gaeta, with Zarek back in prison.

Maybe it's because of how I feel about Richard Hatch and what he gave to the original series, or maybe how he took such an obvious one or two episode plot device with Zarek and made him a great character, but I want to see Zarek get some manner of redemption. To be the thing that he set out to be, a voice for justice. Gaeta is getting annoying...and I really liked him. All in all I liked the inner-fleet drama, and the insurrection...I also love watching Adama and Roslin, and Starbuck is awesomeness right now.... I won't say episode 2 is the best, but it's wasn't bad. The next episodes look like they'll be worth the setup...so we'll see.

I hope Adama personally pulls the trigger on the side of Gaeta's skull. That Bitch!!! That was the best episode so far. Yes Roslin pulling her shit together was no surprise, but it was still enjoyable. Starbuck and Apollo together again, was fucking awesome. I was worried for a minute there...but this is coming together nicely.

I just saw the preview for this Friday. It looks like Adama is finally doing the airlock scene.

Gaeta was also saying something about "treason being punishable by firing squad" before he orders someone shot. I can't find the Space channel commercial but here's the one from SciFi.

http://video.scifi.com/player/?id=976061

Angry Roslin is coming for all of them!

i'm pretty sure that adama and tigh won't die. i think i saw their pictures on previews for the next few episodes. i think gaeta might die though and he might be the "leader who dies."

that'd be a bit of a cop out though.

he's destined for the airlock.