running4home

lo-fi b-sides

To Your Ceaseless Nagging...

Over the past year there have been a number of questions that have been repeatedly asked. The most frequently asked question is about LO-FI-B-SIDES. The funny thing about that question is that I've answered it more than twenty times. If you take the time to pour through some of the older 1-900-Idiot Savants you'll probably find what you're looking for. And that goes for a whole slew of answers to other frequently asked questions. But I have this strange feeling that you're not going to do that. Why? I have no idea. Maybe you were dropped on your head as a child and your neural pathways were affected. Whatever the case, this is going to be the final time I do this. So read up and pass it along.

Finality at its Finest...

Like I've endeavored to explain a million times, there were only 5000 of them made! Shit, I don't even have a copy (no word of a lie - someone lifted it) So, if you don't have a copy of it, here are some suggestions:

a) Try looking in some used record stores. You never know what you'll find.

B) You can try to buy it from someone on the internet but it'll probably cost a lot.

c) Go get the Edgefest 99 CD and buy Beautiful Midnight. That way you'll have Fated and Born To Kill and will only be missing our cover of Enjoy The Silence.

d) Home invasions.

e) Walk through the streets naked with 'LO-FI-B-SIDES' written on your chest and see who responds.

f) Try calling Dave Porter at Universal Music in Toronto and ask him. It was their idea in the first place. He might even do your laundry if you ask him nicely enough. Hell, he does mine when I'm in town.

g) Start a political party whose only agenda is to have it put back into production.

h) Find a girl or guy who has it, woo them, pretend to fall in love with them, steal the CD, and dump them flat.

i) Walk into reception at the Universal Music's head office with a machine gun and start screaming demands. That way you'll probably get a whole whack of other free shit as well. (Such as the Rammstein Live video!)

j) That's pretty much all I could come up with.

woah, settle down now...thanks for the tips though

ya, i've never read that before either...it is pretty funny. Actually i think i would get pretty pissed too...he handled it well.

Edited by lcpja

The LoFi version of Born To Kill is different than the Beautiful Midnight.. its got more orchestra and it doesnt cut out abruptly at the end.

As for fated, to me it sounds the same as the Australian HTB single as well as the version of Fated on the Edgefest 99 cd from edge102.

i can send. contact me.

is born to kill the same on lo-fi b-sides as it is on bm?

if not, someone send!!

I have the lo-fi born to Kill. I have *lot's* of shit. I found lo-fi in a used record store in areally badly scuffed case, but with otherwise perfect inserts and disc for $5.

I'll send you the file if you still need it. Is your email inbox big enough? Otherwise, I can try and send it on MSN.

The Fated track was only recorded acoustically. The same version that's on the Aussie HTB and the Edgefest CD are on lo-fi. Enjoy the Silence is on every file sharing network known to man, but I can send that to if need be.

I some one would be so kind as to send me a copy of the lo-fi version of Born to Kill, it would be much appreciated.

[email protected]

As for Fated, the versions available elsewhere (like Much@edgefest99) are the same except that at the end of the lo-fi version there is a bit of studio noise and you hear Matt cough, this was cut off of other versions.

i can send. contact me.

if not, someone send!!

I have the lo-fi born to Kill. I have *lot's* of shit. I found lo-fi in a used record store in areally badly scuffed case, but with otherwise perfect inserts and disc for $5.

I'll send you the file if you still need it. Is your email inbox big enough? Otherwise, I can try and send it on MSN.

The Fated track was only recorded acoustically. The same version that's on the Aussie HTB and the Edgefest CD are on lo-fi. Enjoy the Silence is on every file sharing network known to man, but I can send that to if need be.

you are the luckiest person EVER!

i can send. contact me.

if not, someone send!!

you are the luckiest person EVER!

I remember a few years ago seeing the eBay price set at $400 CDN. Funny, eh?