Kumquat

Who's the best live band?

whoever said The Jimmy Swift Band wins a prize. electronica-inlfuence dancey-jam rock fusion with extra elements? and it's not annoying? those boys do good work.

you will hear much about Matt Mays in the coming years. wicked straight-up roots-rock kind of show.

The Hip were excellent live. they keep extra mic stands on the stage, in case Downie BREAKS ONE.

Matt Good's alright live. good renditions of the songs and whatnot, but when he was in Halifax last November or whenever it was, he stormed off the stage twice (possibly due to techinical issues, but definitely in anger). i love his music, but he was kind of like an angry schoolmarm lecturing his audience (though, to be fair, i'm sure he gets annoyed with people constantly requesting songs from his old band that's been broken up for a solid few years).

Halifax locals Wintersleep and Superfriendz are killer live, too. and i wish i'd had the sense to go see Big Sugar when they came through last year. Sam Roberts is great live, too. awesome rock & roll show. and for all the flak they get for being catchy pop-rock, The Trews are a talented, pop-blues-rock band, believe it or not. they did a couple Zep covers last time i saw them.