loveisnotenough

So 90's

I was just at home for lunch and I was flipping past much music and there was this program called So 90's on. I am not sure what the premise of the show is, whether the play videos that were big in the 90's or one's that they consider fads, but they were laying Apparitions. I found this a bit humourous since I still listen to Apparitions all the time and find that it (along with all other MG songs) have a timeless quality. But that's just my opinion.

Oh ya, they also played Nsync, and how much more of a fad could there be when it comes to boy bands.

Another song they played was "Iris" by the goo goo dolls. That song doesn't feel that old to me...I actually read an article called "Its too early to be remebering the 90's" which is kind of true. Much should wait a little longer before they start reminiscing about stuff that happened not even 10 years ago.

Oh and Mr.Chips, no I didn't see the ending, I had to go back to work. I can't beleive they cut that part. Its the best!

The 90's did not suck! Some of the best music came out in the 90's, the early 90's anyway. Nirvana, Alice in Chains, Stone Temple Pilots and the Smashing Pumpkins were at the peak their careers.

Things were good until Kurt killed himself and that Britney and Backstreet Boy thing happened.

I really like So 90's. You get to see some great videos that you normally wouldn't get to see anymore. Not long ago i saw "Jesus Christ Pose" by Soundgarden, "Nearly Lost You" by Screaming Trees and "Underwhelmed" by Sloan all in a row!! Very nice. You aint gettin that on Much on Demand!

As for the 90s themselves. The first half has the best time in music (in my opinion) while the 2nd half generally sucked ass. You go from Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, Nirvana, etc to Britney, Backstreet Boys, NSync all within a few years. Yuck! What the hell happened??? At least thing are starting to turn around now.

im glad for pop music. im glad its kinda going back to bubblegum (hilary duff, the likes) sort again. it keeps the stupid kids from listening to our good music haha. i recall seeing something on KISS and one of them said they felt bad because the teenagers didn't like listening to the same music as 12 yr olds.

i feel that.