Boond

The Last Samurai

i usually dont like tom cruise...but wow this was an excellent movie...i was impressed, moved, depressed, elated, amused....it was a rather powerful film, i thought....and there were ninjas ;)

I like this movie too, though generally I dislike Tom Cruise, mainly because he seems to go with quantity over quality when it comes to his roles. This I think was something of an exceptional film for Tom Cruise and overall it's a real good movie....oh and the musical element was just beautiful.

I like Tom Cruise as an actor. However, I did not like the film's ending.

SPOILERS ALERT!!!!

Come on, all his samurai buddies get mowed down by a gallet(sp?) gun. And surpise, surpise Mr Tom Cruise only gets in the leg. His friends are swiss cheese! Come on!

Skwu, this movie was largely based around real life events...gattling guns did mow the samurai down...moreover the american did live and did deliver the guys sword...however, i think in reality he succumbed to his wounds and died

Skwu, this movie was largely based around real life events...gattling guns did mow the samurai down...moreover the american did live and did deliver the guys sword...however, i think in reality he succumbed to his wounds and died

Yea, Since I wanted accuracy and realism, I should read a book or watch the history channel. Tom Cruise can never die. He's immortal.

This is a interesting read though:

http://hnn.us/articles/2746.html

Edited by Skwu

I will own a theatre one day. I have it all set up in my head. It will be like the ArcLight, only better-and cheap.

So far this year, I have seen 97 movies IN THEATRES--it adds up. And those are just the ones that I couldn't wait for video for. I can't imagine how many movies I would see if I didn't have to pay, and go to school, and work.

lol....especially if you could stop the theater real to go to the bathroom...and if you had a kitchen in there...you wouldnt have to leave except once a week for groceries...

Well- you see in the theatre in my head each screening room has it's own bathroom in the back with a TV in it that is playing the movie-so even if you gotta go-you don't gotta leave. You don't miss anything or have to ask your friend what happened.

If I build it--I will go.

I don't know where I want to build it. I live in LA when I'm not living somewhere else. But space is kinda hard to get ahold of here. Lucky for me, I don't have to worry about that tonight--only getting together rent for my apt.--First world problems.