This year I didn't really keep up with new releases so now when every blog or music related website is posting their best-of lists, I realize how much I missed. I know that last year those lists were filled with over-hyped bands that I didn't particulary care for so I figured everyone can post some of their favorite albums that came out this year and I'll check them out. If you can post a link to the full album, even better, but it's not necessary.

The album I probably listened to the most this year is Bloc Party's Intimacy. It seems few people are happy with the more electronic direction the band has taken but I totally love it.

Edited by Shiri

The album I probably listened to the most this year is Bloc Party's Intimacy. It seems few people are happy with the more electronic direction the band has taken but I totally love it.

I'm with you on this one for sure, I just downloaded it recently and am loving it.

I can't really think of much for 2008 aside from a local band that released a great album, Made Upwards by Grand Theft Bus. Oh, also Nada Surf released Weightless which is pretty great.

I'm surprised yers have heard of BSP. Seen them a couple of years back in a really intimate venue, it was amazing if not slightly ridiculous - they love their bloody props, don't they?

I'd have to say my favourite of year is The Music's - Strength in Numbers followed by Glasvegas' self-titled. I wasn't sure what to expect with the Music's return, what with them being away for so long, and the first single being worryingly underwhelming (giving it was also the title-track!), but I've since warmed to the track and absolutely love the rest of it.

I'd hate to say this, and it will result in backlash.

Metallica - Death Magentic

I also enjoyed their new album.... James' lyrics have gotten terrible for the most part, but as an album it kicks their last couple out of the water. Since black/self titled they always have 1 or two amazing songs per album, but with 14 tracks per disc they also have a lot of shite. I think that this is their most consistently good album since Black.... and it rocks, no southern country/rock crap like load/reload.