Moonlight_Graham

What Videogame(s) Are You Playing Right Now?

Left 4 Dead (PC)

Tank Universal (PC)

Left 4 Dead is fun since i play with Azalroth and Sparq, and other people that i know and went to college with...

Tank universal was some cheep game i bought off of steam, not bad.

Whats the specific game? There's probably a guide on it if you google the game and dosbox.

I'm trying to play: Star Trek: The Next Generation - "A Final Unity"

Thanks, i googled it and will be trying the installation method. This whole DOSBox thing is a bit complicated and annoying. Oh well.

To all: As for games, i've also been playing:

- Gears of War 2 - I love the Horde online mode

- Lord of the Rings: Conquest (demo for 360) - cool

And as for Final Fantasy, i HATE RPG's with random battles, they are so annoying, which is pretty much all FF games minus XI and XII. I haven't tried 12 but would like to. The best RPG of all-time is Crono Cross for PS1. Its like Final Fantasy without the random battles.

I'm going to play my way through the two X-Men co-ops this weekend.

You mean X-Men Legends? I played X-Men Legends 2 recently. Its pretty cool, but it got boring after i reached the 3rd world. I loved customizing my X-Men dream-team and playing around with their costumes.

On Final Fantasies:

1, 2, 3: Never played

4: Amazing. One of the better ones, due to the awesome characters. Who doesn't love Cecil, Rydia, Palom and Porom, etc? Plus, it has the "Spoony Bard!" line.

5: Decent. The job system is fun, but the storyline was sort of lame.

6: Another triumphant game, for the same reasons as 4. Kefka is also one of the most badass villains ever.

7: Fantastic. I tried playing it again recently and got a little bit bored by the slow beginning though. One of the greatest storylines ever, and the music/scenes can make me very nostalgic.

8: I really really don't like this game. The storyline is effing retarded, and is all over the place. "OMG! We're all from the same orphanage!" Oh, and monsters come from the moon. Dumbest explanation ever. The best thing about this game was by far the card game, which is sort of a bad place to be.

9: A little slow, but very fun and a little bit challenging in some spots (whereas every other modern Final Fantasy after 5 is waaaaay too easy.)

10: I dug it. It wasn't the best game ever, but it was certainly enjoyable. Voice acting sucked.

10-2: One word. Vegnagun. W....T....F?

11: Never played.

12: I have a save with my party in the last dungeon, and I've had it for probably a year. I have NO desire to finish this game. The plot sucked, the characters sucked, etc etc. Battling and gambits were pretty sweet, liscences were kind of stupid, etc.

Edited by Prometheon

Owen, you are *exactly* where Kevin is, on FF12. Hears hoping that FF13 is better. So far only 1 character looks really annoying.

Graham, Chrono Trigger *is* awesome. I love the look and feel of the game. As for random battles, there's something incredibly fun and so stressful about them. I remember the intense feeling of panic/stress/frustration every time I was trying to get through the map and I hear that familiar "*kssshh!*", followed by a battle.

Muran, no not Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross.

Chrono Cross baby!!! Its one of the 5 or so games in the history of Gamespot.com that they gave a perfect "10" to. IGN.com gave it a 9.7.

CHRONO CROSS!!!!!!! such a beautiful game, the music and graphics and totally sweet combat system. mmmm

Edited by Moonlight_Graham

Chrono Trigger is good, but I think it's a bit overrated. I was playing it again recently, and there's this part that made no sense. You rescue Marle and are back in current time when and you run into the forest from the guards who think you've abducted her, and you go through a portal to the future. Now, when you arrive in the delapidated future, the portal is STILL THERE. You can go back in, the guards are gone, and you could all go about your merry lives. There's no incentive to explore this grungy gross and potentially dangerous biodome, and your party doesn't know about Lavos yet.

Chrono Cross is a fantastic game, but the it was just waaaaaay too easy. There is literally not a single challenging fight in that entire game, which sort of ruined it a bit for me. But you're right about the plot and music; both are very compelling.

Did anyone ever play Gunbound? Boy howdy that was an addictive game.

I think I had 2 hammers in that game. I also ended up in a super secret character when I picked random once and killed everyone. I had Korean kids yelling "WTF HACKER!!!1" at me.

I'm trying to play: Star Trek: The Next Generation - "A Final Unity"

Thanks, i googled it and will be trying the installation method. This whole DOSBox thing is a bit complicated and annoying. Oh well.

That game was pretty sweet and for some reason I don't remember beating it.

RPG Nerds: Have any of you guys played (or tried to play) Vagrant Story?

Holy shit. The story was sort of cool from the little bit that I saw (around the second boss hahaha), but it is one of the singule most overcomplicated and stupidly frustrating games I've ever played.

Edited by Prometheon

how the hell did you NOT play final fantasy 1(unless it's one of the japan/us cross overs the 1st one for nes is 1 right?)

and chrono trigger was AWESOME!!! damn that game was sick, i was little and duped when you beat sepenthroth(sp) I thought the game was over! the frog was the bomb! Never thought you'd miss being little when you were huh?

Playing

Chrono Trigger (DS because I don't want to hook up my SNES right now)

Left 4 Dead (360, however it seems that my Xbox is going to die soon so that sucks)

Little Big Planet (PS3)

Harvey Birdman (PSP, just started it)

Little Big Planet! I forgot to mention I play that when I can. And every Friday is Rockband and D&D night. Geekalicious

Anton, I played Gunbound so much I think I almost flunked school cos of it :S I was like, a double gold axe or something XD

RE: FF Voice acting

Honestly, I can *never* get into the choices for the English voice actors. It's like watching anime in english. No thanks. I wish they would just have english subtitles and keep the original voices.

Hey fuck you, D&D is fun!

We've got a pretty hilarious campaign going on right now. It's just 3 of us and our DM. My character's name is Busty Winters, she's an elf thief and our original mission was to The Belt Of Attractiveness from some orks who stole it.

I made the mistake of putting the belt on, and now I'm a man. A very attractive man ;) And now I can't get the belt off. Our new mission is to find a way to reverse it.

The other characters are Hufflepuff Darkmagic (Wizard), Kirben Vost (Warrior), and Bob (Cleric).

You mean X-Men Legends? I played X-Men Legends 2 recently. Its pretty cool, but it got boring after i reached the 3rd world. I loved customizing my X-Men dream-team and playing around with their costumes.

Yep I do, I'm addicted to it. I loved Marvel Ultimate Alliance, too!!! I've been following the progress of MUA 2 and It looks fucking awesome!!!

Re: Chrono Trigger. i tried to get into that game on SNES emulators. i guess i missed playing it back when it came out. I can't get into it, the battle system is just kind of annoying, and the graphics & sound are, well...dated. It must have been amazing back when it came out though.

Reminds me, i'm still working through Super Metroid for SNES. Easily one my top 5 or so games of all-time. Hated the metroid games as a kid but now love them.

Yep I do, I'm addicted to it. I loved Marvel Ultimate Alliance, too!!! I've been following the progress of MUA 2 and It looks fucking awesome!!!

Only played Marvel Alliance at a friends house for like 5 minutes. It was ok. I like the title of the MUA 2. Its called "Marvel Ultimate Alliance: Fusion". Isn't that kind of derivitive? They already have an alliance that is of ultimate proportions, must we fuse them? is that even possible? these are things i think about lol....

Brooks Cracktackle. Kent Buckle. CHERRY VENUS!

THE DEMON RUSSSHHHHH

1. This software, the intellectual property, the graphics, the audio, the dialogue, or any other part of The Demon Rush may not be used for commercial purposes.

2. The Demon Rush is only for personal use for a single computer.

3. The end-user does not receive any ownership whatsoever of The Demon Rush.

4. The end-user may not distribute this game and it must remain on a single computer.

5. The end-user is permitted to create a single back-up copy of The Demon Rush.

6. The end-user is only permitted to purchase this game from Dragoon Entertainment Ltd. or a reseller officially recognized by and affiliated with Dragoon Entertainment Ltd. Purchase or use of The Demon Rush outside of Dragoon Entertainment Ltd. or outside of an official reseller affiliated and recognized by Dragoon Entertainment Ltd. results in termination of this agreement.

7. The end-user may not violate any law, rule or regulation of any country.

8. Dragoon Entertainment Ltd. does not give out warranties on The Demon Rush.

9. Dragoon Entertainment Ltd. and its officers, directors, employees and shareholders, whether currently or previously involved with Dragoon Entertainment Ltd., are not liable for any damages caused through the purchase or any use of The Demon Rush. This section (Section 9 of Dragoon Entertainment Ltd.'s TERMS AND CONDITIONS - END-USER LICENSE AGREEMENT for The Demon Rush) will survive termination, cancellation or nullification of any and/or all parts of this agreement.

10. Should any of the terms and conditions be deemed void and/or illegal, the validity and enforceability of the other terms and conditions will remain unaffected.

11. Immediate failure to comply with any or all of these terms will result in automatic and immediate termination of this agreement and your license to use The Demon Rush.

12. Termination of this agreement allows Dragoon Entertainment Ltd. to take any necessary action against you under this agreement and/or applicable law to remedy the damages caused by the violation of these terms.