Moonlight_Graham

What Videogame(s) Are You Playing Right Now?

Anyone own a PS4 and can help me out?  I have a guy looking to sell the Unchartered 4 PS4 unopened for $200.  Not sure if this is a good deal or if people prefer the PS4 to an Xbox one.

They're still selling this for $300+ in stores. If it is unopened, it seems to be a good deal. I am wondering the reason as to why he is selling it so low, mind you.

I vastly prefer PS4 to the Xbone. In almost every category (including exclusives), it's a better machine and experience. 

I looked at some reviews on this particular model. It seems like they randomly power off. I'm not sure if I want to take a $200 risk on it.

Hmm, reading more about it, the person in question may be selling it for that price for the very reason you're concerned. I hadn't heard this about the Uncharted models ... If you're considering buying a console and were already prepared to spend $200, perhaps just wait for the standard editions to come down OR invest in a PS4 Pro, which is a good investment from a start. More money, better investment. 

What does the PS4 pro have?  Is it backwards compatible?

There's not a ton of differences.  It's a lot more powerful though, and it has a 1 TB hard drive, which would be nice.  Mine is only a 500 GB, and I'm constantly juggling which games are installed.

It's really only worth it if you have a 4K TV, or are planning to buy one in the near future.  It will upscale some current games, but all games coming out now have to have a Pro Mode, so there will be a benefit for all new stuff coming out.  Neither version (Pro vs PS4) will play Blu-Ray in 4K.  There is a difference too, because I got a free 4K Blu-Ray player when I bought my newest TV, and stuff looks amazing on there.

I've thought about buying one, but the price tag is too steep for what it's worth.  It'd be nice to play in 4K, but I'm going to just buy another hard drive for what I have now.

I ended up going to Gamestop and picking up Rivals,  NHL16, NBA 16, and Shadows Of Mordor for $40 total    And Walmart price matched Amazon and picked up WWE17 for $35    Pretty stoked. Won't need to buy any games for awhile now.

NBA 2K won't install. It always stops at 55% and says the disc is dirty.  I tried the cloth thing and still nothing. Going to run by gamestop and see if they can switch it out.   I miss the days of n64 cartridges.  Discs can break or defect way too easily.

I've only ever had problems with one disc ever, and that was a used copy of God of War 2 from Blockbuster (LOL). Took it back, got it swapped out. Hopefully Gamestop will just swap your disc out. When stuff gets traded in they typically get sent offsite for refurb to make sure it works, but sometimes you still get a bum copy.

Yeah I mean I tried over and over cleaning the disc and trying again but it just doesn't get higher than 55%   The other games all installed perfectly.  I have been playing WWE17 and FIFA17 whenever I have a free minute. Both games are great.

I joined the EA Access it's incredible. over 40 games basically to play whenever. They are adding Madden 17 next week.  i love UFC2 and play some of the battlefield games on there also.  Unravel is fun and has great graphics. 

If only the PS4 Pro were backwards compatible. I ended up getting rid of some consoles when I moved to Vancovuer Island cause when the new ones come out I hate the hassle of switching back to PS3.

I love my Nintendo Wii U but not enough to be interested in this switch thing. Any suggestions for must-haves for the Wii-U and suggestions of where to acquire said games for less than 70 bucks?

Also does anyone want a Nintendo 3DS and a bunch of games (though I doubt I have cases) for a very reasonable price - yet to be determined. I never use the thing.

The Nintendo store on the Wii U has some good deals at times.  Unfortunately this Zelda game coming out soon will be the last Wii U game to be made as Nintendo will be moving on to the the switch.

I have a bunch of games I want to start playing (fallout 4, Deus Ex Mankind Divided) but I'm saving to buy a Geforce GTX 1070.  Once I get my hands on one of those beasts, I intend to enjoy those!

If only the PS4 Pro were backwards compatible. I ended up getting rid of some consoles when I moved to Vancovuer Island cause when the new ones come out I hate the hassle of switching back to PS3.

I love my Nintendo Wii U but not enough to be interested in this switch thing. Any suggestions for must-haves for the Wii-U and suggestions of where to acquire said games for less than 70 bucks?

Also does anyone want a Nintendo 3DS and a bunch of games (though I doubt I have cases) for a very reasonable price - yet to be determined. I never use the thing.

Hi Marcie,

The best way to get games for low cost is to either check out gamestop (not sure if they are in canada)  or you could do amazon.com.  Another cool trick is that Wal-Mart price matches amazon  so if you have a wal-mart near you  and don't want to wait for shipping  you can go and show them on a smart phone the ad and they will price match. 

I picked up a 2 TB HD for the Xbox one and have been on a gaming spree. The Xbox store recently had 6 Resident Evil remastered games for $50. I jumped on that and picked up Resident Evil 7 also.  Very cool game that I will admit made me jump out of my chair more than once. 

I picked up a 2 TB HD for the Xbox one and have been on a gaming spree. The Xbox store recently had 6 Resident Evil remastered games for $50. I jumped on that and picked up Resident Evil 7 also.  Very cool game that I will admit made me jump out of my chair more than once. 

I can't wait to play that. My friend has a Virtual reality set for his PS4 and Resident evil 7 is compatible with VR. Now that would be quite an experience!