Moonlight_Graham

What Videogame(s) Are You Playing Right Now?

Semtex's have twice the blast radius and thus twice the damage of frag grenades.. why? Who knows.. This game is not better than the first modern warfare, but it is addicting. I've logged 11 days online since it came out.

I'm also not good enough to consistently get killstreaks above 3-4, so I mostly stick with Care Package, UAV, and Predator Missile. Much as I' love to get AC-130, Pave Low, and tactical Nuke in there, I'll never get to use them.

I'm not super amazing at the game either, i will rarely get a 5 or 6 kill streak, so ya mostly i get care packages and sentries. But random care packages are awesome because you get to try out many of the killstreak rewards you'd normally never use unless you were a pro at the game. It says ive played the game for a total of about 2 days, and from care packages i have received a few Pave Lows so far so you have a chance. Yesterday i actually got my first AC-130!!, which i didn't think care packages let you do. I believe a long time ago i may have also been a helicopter gunner, not sure.

The first Bioshock had really cool atmosphere, but im just kinda sick of shooters.

Not excited about any of the big new releases for 360 except FFXIII, though they say the story and characters in that game aren't that great.

I was interested in the new Splinter Cell until they said they took out the Spies vs Mercs multiplayer, so basically im not buying it.

Playing BioShock 2, pretty sweet so far.

Awesome, I've been dying to play it, I want to pick it up sometime this week.

I just bought Okami for Wii, haven't tried it out yet though (bought it online, should arrive in a day or two..). Have only heard good things about it though.

Thinking of picking up Assassin's Creed 2. Anybody here like it? I never played the 1st one and don't want to, but i hear the plot is a continuation so i may just brush up on the plot on wikipedia before i start.

I really liked AC2, and it's definitely better than the first. Having played through both of them, the one thing that annoyed the shit out of me was the fact that a lot of the fight animations were rehashed from the first game, but if you haven't played the first, that won't be an annoyance to you, hopefully.

i read bioshock 2 wasn't as immersive as the first one. can you really not double back to older areas?

So far I would agree it's not quite as immersive, but it's still pretty good. I have also heard you cannot go back to other areas, which is kind of disappointing, but in the first, I never really bothered to double back at all, so it's not a huge deal to me.

They kinda use a spoke system where a lot of the 'levels' are a central area with a bunch of sub sections you have to visit, passing through the centre again each time. There's not a huge amount of backtracking beyond that....each major area is isolated by circumstance.

And of course nowhere near the ridiculously complex navigation of System Shock 2.

Bioshock 2 may very well be a decent game, but really it was so uneccessary to make a follow-up. I mean the Mona Lisa didn't need a sequel, it was fine as it was, and neither does Bioshock. I think it would be damn near impossible to recreate the feeling the original captured anyways. It's just too bad that videogame industry is all about profit margins and not artistic intergrity. And the fact the Ken Levine was not involved at all in the sequel really leaves a bad taste in my mouth.