Moonlight_Graham

What Videogame(s) Are You Playing Right Now?

Little Big Planet! I forgot to mention I play that when I can. And every Friday is Rockband and D&D night. Geekalicious

Anton, I played Gunbound so much I think I almost flunked school cos of it :S I was like, a double gold axe or something XD

RE: FF Voice acting

Honestly, I can *never* get into the choices for the English voice actors. It's like watching anime in english. No thanks. I wish they would just have english subtitles and keep the original voices.

wow...your every guys dream!

magic was fun but it's too much money to be competitive and it just sucks the fun out of the game for me.

D&D with the right group of friends and a good story teller is about the best thing going, beats any video game. I always hated playing with my friends that wanted to roll the dice all night and sword fight(ie with there penises) over who got the most xp and the coolest stuff for their character.

rock band obviously is also hugely fun. It's fun to play for score but it's the best party game when you got like 8 people over buzzed and singing along to bon jovi!

*blush* Why thank you ;)

I agree about D&D, it's best when it's about the story, not exp and items. I've had some pretty geekalicious campaigns with people from school, and it just really perpetuated the nerd sterotype of losers in robes rolling dice. It requires a little more prep beforehand, but it's no different than playing a board game.

our current DM has background in improv, so he's a great storyteller. We also set up his laptop to project on our TV, so he creates maps with photoshop to help illustrate what's going on. He has funny music and sounds to go with it (like when we have a battle, he'll play the FF7 battle music, and use the fanfare when we finish). It's all quite the production.

And this goes for all tabletop RPGs, not just D&D. There some really fun RPGs out there (omg, sorry for hijacking the thread!), for anime fans there is BESM (Big Eyes, Small Mouth), and for RPG n00bs, GURPS (Generic Universal Role Playing System), and I recently had the pleasure of playing the Firefly RPG. It even came with a chinese swear word dictionary in the back! Love it.

wow...your every guys dream!

*blush* Why thank you ;)

No Muran, its true. Guys LOVE it when a girl is into "boyish" interests like they have, ie: watching or playing the same favorite sport, or anything nerdy like being into comicbooks, videogames, Star Wars etc.

This is just a big turn-on for guys because its pretty rare, and having a girl who wants to sit down and play Halo or Guitar Hero with them is WAAAY better than having a girl be like "get off those damn games they're boring! Let's go see a Musical!". Just don't fake it, whch it seems your not.

So ya, if u are single i'd totally be advertising u like this stuff, or if there's a guy u like and he likes any of that stuff make sure he knows it. For a girl, the nerdier the better! Its like having a guy friend with tits LOL. Best of both worlds. hell im turning this into its own thread in "sticky situations".

XD you cut and pasted!

But I understand what you mean. I met my ex in an anime/tabletop RPG club at school called "Forever In Fantasy", and Kevin and I bonded on the Bored, over our mutual love of anime, electronic music and video games.

I agree with you though. Now, more than ever, it's not just socially acceptable for girls to be geeks, but it's downright sexy. Which is great, because it's awesome that such a "niche market" is now so "mainstream".

I'm pretty proud to be a geek!

I've also noticed (at least in Vancouver), that a lot of the geek guys have crazy yellow fever (I guess due to the popularity of anime/Japanese video games?), so I've enjoyed a certain kind of popularity with the guys.

My girlfriend and I play halo almost daily. Infact I usually play with myself and 2-3 girls. it's awesome on the mic pregame, it's not so much fun when everyone is -15. ! rock band usually works out better at least the girls can all play on expert!

just picked up dead rising. never got a chance when it came out looking forward to punishing with an all night session.

also I don't think yellow fever is contained in vancouver, most guys I know love asian chicks and not in a lets notch the bed post sort of way.

My girlfriend and I will watch each other play games and there are a few we play together. She's not as good at games than I am, and mostly sticks to platforming style games and Mario Kart, though I have her hooked on the Nazi Zombie mode in Call of Duty: World at War, so we play that almost every night together.

I sorta miss the days of going to a LAN gaming place with the boys, ordering up some BBTs and instant noodles, and spending the day playing Battlefield 1942.

This may be a dumb question, but are LAN gaming places popular/exist elsewhere? I always had the notion they were an asian thing.

Battlefield 1942. Back when air battles were actually good.

Now: *Jet Thrust* YOU'RE GOING OFF THE MAP YOU'RE GOING OFF THE MAP YOU'RE GOING OFF THE MAP YOU'RE GOING OFF THE MAP.

I'm sure there are LAN tournaments.

Apparently Starcraft is popular to lan at UBC. BUT YOU DON'T NEED TO USE YOUR SPEAKERS, ASSHOLES.

Asians have no sense of embarrassment sometimes. ;)

My girlfriend and I play halo almost daily. Infact I usually play with myself and 2-3 girls. it's awesome on the mic pregame, it's not so much fun when everyone is -15. !

haha lol. I knew some girls that could kick some serious halo ass. They'd be as good as most of the guys i play with. +5 or +10 frequently.

haha lol. I knew some girls that could kick some serious halo ass. They'd be as good as most of the guys i play with. +5 or +10 frequently.

the G/F's not terrible(my other friends that are girls are bad) but even in social matchmaking me being a 45 usually puts us up against good to elite players. she's been known to pull at +5 here and there.

still nothing better than the silence after a girl speaks in the pregame lobby! lol

Battlefield 1942. Back when air battles were actually good.

Now: *Jet Thrust* YOU'RE GOING OFF THE MAP YOU'RE GOING OFF THE MAP YOU'RE GOING OFF THE MAP YOU'RE GOING OFF THE MAP.

I'm sure there are LAN tournaments.

Apparently Starcraft is popular to lan at UBC. BUT YOU DON'T NEED TO USE YOUR SPEAKERS, ASSHOLES.

Asians have no sense of embarrassment sometimes. ;)

haha GG, memories.

Yeah man, LAN places get so freaking loud, it's ridonkulous.

Mercy, how do u even get that thing to run on your PC? I have this old wicked Star Trek:TNG adventure game for PC from like 1996 but it runs in MS-DOS, can't get that shiznit to run now.

I have this wicked original star trek series adventure game that was on 5.5 inch floppies (25th anniversary).... One of my favorite games evar. I have a mac though, and having an OS greater than X makes it impossible to play games from OS 9 or earlier (unless you want to pay a crap load of money, and all the hassle needed).

Also, I'm a huge RPG nerd. Playing Chrono Trigger DS currently. Havent really used the extras yet, except the battle arena, which seems completely pointless.

Edited by folk singer

I started playing Chrono Trigger on the DS. Love that game, I played it 10ish years ago so I mostly forget what happens though. Oh and I also noticed how that portal stays there and you can go back to your own time when you first go to the future, thought it was a bit strange too.

I've got a huge stack of xbox games I started playing but never finished, or bought but never even started playing. To be honest I've been having a hard time getting video games to keep my attention for the last few months.