Moonlight_Graham

What Videogame(s) Are You Playing Right Now?

Mass Effect

Beyond Good and Evil HD

Enslaved: Odyssey to the West

The one thing is still impressing me about Enslaved is that the color palette is full of lush greens and reds and not fucking brown like is so popular this console generation.

Mass Effect - Was a huge fan of the Star Wars; Knights of the Old Republic games by Bioware, but i bought Mass Effect when it came out and just couldn't get into it. I tried the Mass Effect 2 demo not long ago and wow, i loved it, the gameplay was so cinematic and the RPG elements were streamlined, got the game sitting in my collection but haven't played it yet.

BG & E - Picked up the original PS2 version of the game for 10 bucks new a year ago, still haven't played it yet but looks good.

Ensalved - tried the demo, thought it was meh. ya colours were nice though

The Mass Effect games are among my favorites ever, and Mass Effect 2 is a fantastic game. I did miss customizing my weapons, but the streamlining was nice in it's own way, and I enjoyed the characters a bit better in the 2nd than in the first.

I remember seeing Beyond Good and Evil in Blockbuster back when I still rented games, and always thought about renting it, but never did. I eventually read a couple of reviews full of praise for it and bought it for my PS2, and I'm glad I did, as it's a wonderful game and it holds up fairly well today, so the HD remake was a decent purchase me.

I've been intrigued by Enslaved since I first heard of it, but never got around to picking it up. I enjoyed the demo and when I saw it for 20 bucks the other day, brand new, I figured it was worth a shot, and I'm enjoying it. Nice, vibrant and lush colours which are a treat to look at, some great character design and great characters in general, though the controls are a little loose and you have to be somewhat precise in where you try to jump from, but overall, it's definitely worth a 20 dollar purchase.

I beat Portal 2 last night. It is fantastic! I had no idea how they could top the first one, but they pulled it off. There's a reason Valve is one of the developers I really respect.

Beat Dead Space 2. It was fun, but not as good as the original I thought. I unlocked hardcore mode by beating it once, which is absolutely ridiculous. It's already harder than it was on the mode I played (survivalist) but this time when you die you only start off at save points, and you are only allowed to save a max of 3 times during your play through. That would actually take some planning and lots of strategy.

I will not be doing that any time soon ;)

I didn't really follow E3 this year, because I pretty much know what I need to know about the games I am looking forward to (namely, the Team ICO collection, Battlefield 3, Batman: Arkham City, The Last Guardian, Mass Effect 3). I think Nintendo is toeing a fine line with the Wii U. The concept has potential to be cool, but third party support needs to be strong so as to avoid masses of shovelware like the Wii has. Don't get me wrong, the Wii has some gems of games, but too much crap.

Lately I have completed Portal 2 single player and my roomy and I are slowly attacking co-op mode. Also nearing completion of an insanity difficulty run on Mass Effect 2 (which isn't as hard as I was expecting- probably because I have played the game like 5 times now), and am playing a bit of NHL 11.

Also, I have been playing WoW a bit and enjoying myself. Le gasp!