Moonlight_Graham

What Videogame(s) Are You Playing Right Now?

Picked up the Ico/Shadow of the Colossus PS3 collection today, so that is exciting.

You ever play those before? Played them both on PS2, Ico is very good though a bit overrated, Shadow of the Colossus is amazing, of my very fav PS2 games. Shadow had some major framerate issues on PS2, so i'm sure they've likely fixed that with a PS3 HD release.

I played through Ico once and enjoyed it, and Shadow of the Colossus is easily in my top 5 favorite games of all time.

So far I've only played Shadow (4 colossi defeated) and the game looks great- you can tell it was a PS2 era game, but it looks fantastic with better textures and such things, and no frame rate issues at all, which is exciting. My roomy said that on the backwards compatible PS3's, the PS2 version didn't suffer from frame rate issues, but we all know how long those were on the market for. Honestly, I probably would have paid $40 just for an HD version of SotC on its own, so getting both games for that price is a pretty swell deal. Definitely pick it up if you like the games.

Finished SP portion of Battlefield 3. Some really frustrating parts (one part with cheap enemies, two parts with unclear direction regarding actions you are supposed to take, bad lighting in some spots), and story wise it was pretty run of the mill, but overall, it was still a good campaign and something I will play through again. There are a couple of really intense set pieces that I quite enjoyed. Have only spent a couple hours playing MP and I find it a little more difficult than CoD multi, but overall, I am having more fun with it I think.

360... I'm behind on games so I bought Mafia II from Costco for only 14.99 and it is a good game so far... I'm on chapter 10. Not at the same level as GTA but it is definity a different take especially being set back in the 40's/50's. Plus picking up Playboy magazines in the game and seeing the pics is very... well ... cool. There are 50 to collect and I have like 10. Hee Hee

I'm playing League of Legends! Anyone else? Let's do this! It's free to download and play so you have no excuse.

re: Final Fantasy. 4, 6, 7, and Tactics are obviously the best (4-way tie, with 4 maybe lagging a bit behind). 9 was good too and 5 and 10 were playable. There, settled.

Whoahh. I recently moved to Australia and have no video games. Before I left though I was at Demon Souls, Chrono Cross, and Final Fantasy V.

My favorite FF game is 8, and I also enjoyed 10 a lot. 7 was pretty decent. Must get on top of playing 6.

Yes you must.

And FF8 was had my FF virginity. So many people hate it but I love it. Also for anyone who likes FF as much as I do, if you've played 10 and haven't already, do a play through and ensure you talk to EVERYONE. The story and characters are revealed in way greater detail; here's so many elements in that game that in a general play are simply not revealed, but hold high value to the story and discourse. I've got over 400 hours in that shit. Whoah again what am I doing with my life?

Picked up a copy of Beyond Good & Evil for PS2 a couple years ago for like $5, finally playing it. It's excellent. Fun adventure game with charming characters and good voice-acting.

Tried out Okami for PS2, too much like Zelda games and those kinda bore me for some reason, so didn't play it long.

Edited by Moonlight_Graham

Skate 2 - fun stuff!

COD Modern Warfare 3 - Same old story, officially bored with COD multiplayer. Also, this game's multiplayer is IMO the worst of them all, for some reason i'm getting raped in this game compared to other. My Kill/death ratio is like 0.70, where in all the other it was around .95

Edited by Moonlight_Graham