Moonlight_Graham

What Videogame(s) Are You Playing Right Now?

Keepin it oldschool.

I just bought Toejam and Earl on the Nintendo Wii network for $8.

I am loving it, it is just as great as I remember!

Definitely the best Sega Genesis game of all time!!

Amen to that! Spent so many hours playing co-op with my sister as a kid. I was always ToeJam, he can walk so much faster lol. Such a unique game, bought the 3D remake for Xbox back around 2002, it was a bit crappy. They should reboot the series again.

I started playing Fez, pretty neat so far. I heard it gets crazier later on but I've kept myself from hearing any specifics so I don't ruin anything. Also started playing Persona 3, love the music in that game.

I need to get Fez, I want to play it very bad. Bought the Witcher 2 yesterday, played a little bit. Kind of difficult, but it is fun. I might go through the tutorial levels and prologue missions a couple times so I can get the hang of it.

I need to restart and then finish Persona 3. Loved what I played but didn't get too far into the game. I originally bought the special edition of the first release because that was all that was available at the time, and it came with an artbook and soundtrack, which was sweet. Then the FES version came out, so I traded in the original game disc, kept the artbook and soundtrack and got the FES edition. I made a good choice.

Really enjoying the Witcher 2. Still getting used to the combat and the fact that I can't just rush in and wail on shit and have to take my time, but it's an enjoyable and challenging experience.

I might pick up Dark Souls one day, depending on how much I hate myself.

Right now I'm playing some really old racing games from the 90s (The first Need For Speed games). Also just started what I think is one of the most poorly translated roms ever. Pokemon Crystal in Vietnamese translated to Japanese then to English. It is so bad. Here is an example :

Edited by LostAndFoundAndLostAgain

Psychonauts isn't an indie game to my knowledge, so that's kinda weird. Indie sales though, zoinks!

Just replayed the single-player campaign for Halo: Reach. Originally played it co-op with 4 friends when it 1st came out so I missed a lot of the dialogue/story because my friends wouldn't stop talking LOL. Story is pretty decent, though the characters are still largely cookie-cutter stereotypes (Carter the squeeky clean & responsible leader, Emile the silent but badass warrior etc.)

No, Psychonauts isn't really an indie game because it was released on mulitple platforms in the PS2/XBOX/Gamecube era, however, it certainly did not get a whole lot of love back then, so I'm glad to see it available as part of the bundle and on XBOX live.

Reach is the only Halo game I've thoroughly enjoyed. Halo 2 and 3 were good, but nothing spectacular, but I felt in terms of gameplay and story presentation, Reach was the best of what Halo games I've played.

No, Psychonauts isn't really an indie game because it was released on mulitple platforms in the PS2/XBOX/Gamecube era, however, it certainly did not get a whole lot of love back then, so I'm glad to see it available as part of the bundle and on XBOX live.

That's an Xbox Live bundle? Cool. How many points/bucks?

Besides ODST, which wasn't bad but not great, Reach is probably my least favorite of the Halo's, but I still liked it. It just wasn't as epic, and a bunch of the levels and pretty much all of the enemies/vehicles/weapons felt like "been there/done that". Glad Halo 4 looks to have a bunch of new weapons & enemies.

Playing Spec Ops: The Line. Gameplay wise, it's a pretty standard cover based shooter that doesn't do anything outside of the box, except allowing you to dump gigantic waves of sand on people, which right from the get go is pretty horrifying. In terms of storytelling however, well, it's basically Heart of Darkness/Apocalypse Now (the guy you are tracking down is named John Konrad), but it's a well told story that does a very good job of making you question the actions you choose to take (yes, there choices that affect the story, but no morality meter or anything like that), and does a good job of making the act of violence horrifying. It is a shooter that makes you feel bad about shooting people. And it works.

So far from the Steam sale I've gotten:

Fallout New Vegas: Ultimate Edition (have the basic one on the 360, but none of the DLC. Probably cheaper to get this, and the mods do extend the lifespan a bit).

Sonic Generations: Spent about an hour in a pleasing wave of nostalgia before getting a bit bored.

Trine 1+2

Alan Wake's American Nightmare (I think the original is one of the best games of the past few years)

Fable: The lost chapters (have the version which comes on 4 CDs or so knocking around somewhere, was a couple of pounds for the sake of having it on my Steam account).

I've also finally gotten round to playing through Zelda: Skyward Sword on the Wii. Some clever boss battles aside, I think it drags a bit more than previous games in the series.

I thought the same with Alan Wake. It was largely an atmosphere thing to me, which I didn't think would work on a second playthrough. I ended up starting it off again to show a friend though, with the intention of just showing them an hour or so, and it suckered me in again.

Yeah, Alan Wake had great atmosphere, which was really unnerving to me.

Just finished a solo playthrough of Borderlands- well, except for the General Knoxx DLC which I will start tomorrow. Have also been playing co-op with my roommate and our friend, and I pre-ordered Borderlands 2. Come on September.

I totally just realized I'll be at my dad's house back in Calgary and not near my computer so I won't even be able to play Borderlands 2 on release day. Sadpandaface.

Edited by AnOceanPearl