Moonlight_Graham

What Videogame(s) Are You Playing Right Now?

Here is a list of games that I have played over the last little while:

Far Cry 3

Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon

Homefront

Jurassic Park: The Game

Bioshock: Infinite

Tomb Raider

FTL (been playing this a lot lately)

Spec Ops: The Line

Proteus

Halo: Reach

Digtal: A Love Story

don't take it personally babe, it just ain't your story

Analogue: A Hate Story

Edited by AnOceanPearl

The Last Of Us

This game is good.

I've been playing this game for a year and a half now, pretty much non-stop. I bought it for PS3 upon release, played it like crazy, then took a month off or so. Then bought the PS4 version on release day, and haven't stopped playing it since. It's an incredible game. The MP is addictive.

I'm also playing NBA 2K15. Would love to grab the new Assassin's Creed, and maybe GTA V again, for PS4 this time. Although I don't know if I want to start over on that massive game.

Guest Idioteque

I would be playing NHL 15 if it wasn't one of the biggest cash grabs of the series.

No one likes a broken game with missing features. < On that note dont get the new Assassins Creed.

Dude, restart GTA 5 on PS4. With all the new missions/Features & cut-scenes its basically a brand new game.

But to answer the question Age Of Empires 3 on my laptop lol.

Edited by Idioteque

I'm buying it on Boxing Day, for sure. I was debating it, but there was really no doubt that I wouldn't get it. The new first person looks awesome. I just never really loved the online. I was getting tired of constantly dying or getting fucked with when trying to actually do something.

I haven't heard of too many problems with Unity. I know there were some initially, but I thought most of those had been cleared up. I don't know for sure though.

Guest Idioteque

Depends on the system, Unity is unplayable on PC (May have been touched up), I had to exchange 2 copies of Unity for PS4 because I literally would fall through the floor, go into buildings or couldn't even start missions at some points. Check out Total biscuit on youtube if you wanna see the faults of that game. Plus the storyline is boring & youre constantly reminded "Hey loner play multiplayer!".

Ubisoft has been dropping the ball with fixing the game as well, if a game aint finished you shouldn't be allowed to release it, imo. You can't make a movie and put it in theaters with scenes missing and say "Buy the dvd don't worry it will be finished."

That type of stuff has been happening alot with AAA games, meeting unreasonable deadlines than patch patch patch or DLC DLC DLC. Just ain't down for spending $60-$90 on that kind of stuff anymore.

Video games have changed alot since I was a kid. :P

Yeah, I don't understand the logic of shipping a broken game, then rushing to patch it when people start to complain. GTA V had the same issue when it was released. Understandable in that case, due to the sheer size and scope of the game.

Guest Idioteque

I wouldn't blame the developers as much as I would blame the suits higher up saying "Do this, make it by this time!."

For some reason AAA companies think its smart to release games every year when it's literally impossible to complete a game in that time frame.

Plus it makes the series boring after awhile, shoving it down our throats.

Call of Duty is a joke now because of it.

Guest Idioteque

I love open world games like Skyrim, but im an Apocalypse fan myself, so Fallout is my baby.

Fallout 4 will be biblical, if its released within the next decade.

I wouldn't blame the developers as much as I would blame the suits higher up saying "Do this, make it by this time!."

For some reason AAA companies think its smart to release games every year when it's literally impossible to complete a game in that time frame.

Plus it makes the series boring after awhile, shoving it down our throats.

Call of Duty is a joke now because of it.

Call of Duty to me is like going to a mid-priced chain restaurant - you know how much it'll cost, you can be relatively sure about what you can expect and once in a while something really stands out, so (and this obviously applies to ALL games) the value is really determined by how much enjoyment you get out of it. For me, yeah, I wish CoD would become more interesting (and apparently Advanced Warfare is, but I haven't played yet), but I've also had a lot of fun with every CoD game so I keep buying them and playing the stories a few times and going through a bit of multiplayer and I feel I get good value out of it.

I just finished up Far Cry 4 and had a really good time with it. It's basically Far Cry 3 with mountain climbing and elephant riding, so mostly just more of the same, but pretty enjoyable.

I'm currently playing Freedom Planet - a retro styled indie game that is clearly inspired by Sonic the Hedgehog (go right, do it fast, collect crystals, learn how the bosses work and attack them) and it's massively entertaining and has an EXCELLENT soundtrack. It is on sale here: http://www.gog.com/game/freedom_planet

Next up will be Alien Isolation, and I should probably play Hatoful Boyfriend at some point too.

Guest Idioteque

I haven't enjoyed a COD game (Especially Storyline wise) since Modern Warfare 2. I've since drifted towards Battlefield for Multiplayer, even though Battlefield 4 had one of the buggiest launches I've ever seen and it's STILL being patched. Which is my problem with AAA companies throwing out games every year.

If Far Cry 4 even has an ounce of what Far Cry 3 had, I should run out now and buy it.

I bought Ghosts, and barely played it. I've tried several times to get into it, and just can't. I'm pretty much done with the series. The new one is different, but I'm not buying into it anymore. I think MW2 was the best one overall, and they haven't hit it since.

Guest Idioteque

Advanced Warfare is just a bunch of executives in an office saying "Ahh crap what's popular this year.. TITANFALL! Copy that.. hmm what else is popular.. that guy from House Of Cards.. GET HIM TOO!"

Hatoful boyfriend haha, I watched a short play-through a while back that ended with the main character being assassinated in her sleep, it looks utterly bizarre. I picked up a copy of Tomb Raider during the recent Steam sale, looking forward to playing that, maybe during my christmas break.

Guest Idioteque

Tell me how that Tomb Raider game is when you beat it, it looks like its got the whole Uncharted feel mapped down. I like games that are like playable movies.

I need some good zombie games in my life again. Got that "Day Z" itch after watching some people play it on Twitch the other day. Stuck playing "Zombies ate my neighbors" on PC.

Is steam worth it or is it better to just buy physical copies. I bet you probably need a wicked computer to run half the games on that site.

Edited by Idioteque

Steam is fantastic, it's got thousands of games, old and new. You just hit the button and it downloads and installs it, you don't need to think. I'm using a 3 year old ultrabook, the cpu is great but it's got an Intel integrated HD graphics 3000, which basically means that it the graphics card is not dedicated and not very powerful, but I would still say I can run the vast majority of games on Steam, it really depends on the game.

Steam has ridiculous sales, I just bought Tomb Raider for $5 (although the sale is over now I think). Sometimes I miss the old boxes, I still have my original copy of the first Diablo and Homeworld, both in massive cardboard boxes lol.

Tomb Raider is fucking awesome and you should buy it immediately.

http://www.gog.com/ is also a great site for games. Huge focus on older games and lots of indies as well, and they're DRM free and usually contain bonus goodies as well.

https://www.humblebundle.com/ also has some wicked deals - usually in the bundles, but also in the Humble Store at times, though the store interface kind of sucks and there's no way to wishlist stuff there. Most of the games there will be redeemable on Steam, and in fact, they have Tomb Raider: GOTY edition on sale for $7.49 right now.

Also, while we're on the topic of bizarre games where the main character gets assassinated, I highly recommend Long Live the Queen: http://www.gog.com/game/long_live_the_queen

Edited by AnOceanPearl